When Google announced their latest attempt at social media last June, Google+ took off in a big way. Since then some have persisted with the service and others have tapered off. But, with so much competition, the community is still growing and Google+ educators have been a large part of that growth.
Those that have stuck with the network are finding a social landscape very different to that offered by leading social sites as Facebook and Twitter. The site drives a different type of conversation and content, but who are the leaders in education on Google+?
Here is our list of Google+ educators (in no particular order) who are driving the conversation on Google’s social network.
- Dana Nguyen – Google employee focusing on K-12 schools and districts for Chromebooks and Google Apps for Education
- Eric Sheninger – Father, husband, high school principal, author, and speaker.
- Audrey Waters – Writer, Rabble-rouser, Folklorist
- Larry Ferlazzo – Teacher, Sacramento City Unified School District
- Esther Wojcicki – Educator/Education Tech Consultant
- Rich Kiker – Director of Online Learning, eLearning & Cyber School Architect, Instructional Technology Consultant
- Tom Barrett – Notosh Senior Consultant
- Steve Hargadon – Social Learning Consultant for Elluminate/Blackboard Collaborate and the founder of the Web 2.0 Labs
- Vicki Davis – Teacher, author of the Cool Cat Teacher blog, co-founder of Flat Classroom projects and conferences
- Paul Allison – Teaching students how to engage in random acts of commenting kindness on YouthVoices.net
- Shelly Sanchez Terrell – International Speaker, Author, Teacher Trainer, and Education/Social Media Consultant
- Richard Byrne – Teacher, Ed Tech Blogger, FreeTech4Teachers.com
- Howard Rheingold – Online instigator, offline gardener, novice teacher, expert learner
- Phil Wagner – A maker who is passionate about how we learn
- Kate Messner – Author & Middle School English Teacher, NBCT
- Wesley Fryer – Educator, author, digital storyteller, husband, dad. Here for the learning revolution
- Jeff Utecht – International educator and educational technology consultant
- Marjorie Light – Author, Teacher, Techie
- Lee Kolbert – Educator, blogger, GeekyMomma’s Blog, Twitter, teachakidd, Discovery Educator STAR and GURU, Conference Presenter
- David Warlick – 30+ year educator and technologist, on a mission to help retool classrooms for 21st century teaching and learning
- Lucy Gray – Google Certified Teacher and Apple Distinguished Educator
- La Vergne Lestermeringolo Thatch – The Education STREaM, Inc. – Small Business – Family – Teaching and Learning – TUTOR-TALK
- Mark Wagner – Ph.D. Educational Technology
- Eric Stockmeyer – Coordinator for Instructional Technology
- Raymond Johnson – Graduate student at CU-Boulder studying mathematics education
- Fractus Learning – BONUS #26: We couldn’t put up the whole list without a little self promotion (sorry). Use the badge below to add Fractus Learning to your circles and keep up on all our posts and conversations on Google+
Have you stuck with Google+? Or has it become your forgotten network in this rapidly changing space?