[The below poster is now published under Creative Commons. Please feel free to share on your own blog, school site or social network.]
Check out our upcoming Digital Citizenship Collaborative Card Game!
With an ever growing list of daily interactions occurring digitally, the result of small online decisions can have a huge and lasting impact. As educators, it is critical that we convey this impact to students and consider all elements of Digital Citizenship when working with them in the digital world. In the words of the man who coined the nine elements of Digital Citizenship:
Digital Citizenship is more than just a teaching tool; it is a way to prepare students/technology users for a society full of technology – Dr. Mike Ribble
The below Digital Citizenship poster highlights the nine elements of Digital Citizenship as defined by Dr. Mike Ribble.
9 Elements of Digital Citizenship by Fractus Learning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
View full size image.
Download hi-res image for printing (right click and save).
Links and Additional Material
- Source: Nine Themes of Digital Citizenship, Mike Ribble
- Digital Literacy and Citizenship Curriculum – 8 free interactive, multimedia iBooks textbooks
- Digital Citizenship MOOC 9 Elements – Video (55 min)
- Digital Citizenship Policy Development Guide – PDF from Alberta Education
- Understanding Digital Citizenship & Identity – Slides by educator Alec Couros
- What is Digital Citizenship – Video (5 min)
- Excerpt from Digital Citizenship in Schools – Book by Mike Ribble
Feature image adapted from image courtesy of Flickr, Michael Kappel.