Shopping for that first grader in your life is serious business. They no longer are happy with just any toy like they were when they were toddlers. No they have matured quite a bit since then and have their own personalities and tastes. Your seven-year-old girl is one discerning consumer. It’s not just girls – you’d have the same situation when shopping for gifts for a 7 year old boy.
While shopping for your little girl can be intimidating, don’t be fearful. You’ll want to not only pick a gift that is “peer approved” but also one that reflects how important your 7 year old girl is in your life. We’ve selected some gifts that check both the boxes to help you in your quest.
We also tried to pick gifts that will last and have some replay value – so your child can get some use from your present and remember you in the years to come. The world doesn’t need your gift to end up as garbage in a dump come shortly after you bought it.
Finally, in acknowledgement that no one gift is “the best” for all kids, we’ve selected a wide variety of toys that should appeal to kids with different interests. Our headings should give you a good idea what type of kid would love each toy. Hopefully you find something to match the child you are shopping for.
Quick Rundown: The Top Toy Picks For Seven Year Old Girls
The alluring aroma, colors, and BUBBLES of the Two Sisters Spa Bubble Bomb Unicorn Surprise may lure any kid at bath time…plus there is a surprise unicorn toy in each bath bomb.
This toy tea set is good enough to eat off of - literally! Made of FDA-approved for food-contact materials, your daughter can play pretend and be safe at the same time.
A practical gift for unicorn lovers who like ice in their water and hot soup lunchtime.
The Unicorn Adventure Scratch and Sketch hardcover art activity book will motivate and inspire creative kids of all ages.
A perfect gift for the kid that loves to create things with their own hands.
- Dramatic colored water and alluring aromas may intrigue any reluctant kid to the bath.
- The bath bombs are about the size of a tennis ball and make lots of bubbles.
- Inside each bath bomb is a unicorn toy surprise that is released as the bath bomb fizzes and bubbles.
- The pieces may be a choking hazard for toddlers younger than three years old.
The Two Sisters Spa Bubble Bath Bombs may entice any kid to bath with all the bubbles…and the fun unicorn gift surprise inside the bath bomb. Yes, inside each bubble bath bomb is a treasure, a unicorn toy, or a unicorn jewelry piece. For little boys, there is the Superhero Kit with fun superhero figurines and keepsakes.
The secret is to use water pressure for the ultimate experience. Drop the bath bomb into the water while the bath is filling with water. Before long, you will have fragrant, colorful bath water with lots and lots of bubbles. Each bath bomb is about the size of a tennis ball…can you imagine the fizzing and bubbles!
Another surprise is the unicorn toy or jewelry that is released from within the bath bomb. It could be a unicorn necklace, a ring, squishies, unicorn horn or finger puppets, lip gloss, or a bracelet hidden within, waiting for an excited kid to have a bath.
The toys and products are created by moms who work flexi-hours because family is important to them. Being moms, they know which unicorn gifts and toys to select that will thrill little girls and little boys, who like all things superhero related.
- Made in the USA of BPA-free, recycled milk jugs.
- Easy to clean – it’s dishwasher safe so cleanup is a breeze!
- Your 7 year old girl will build both fine and gross motor skills playing with this set.
- Great for tub play as well.
- Built to last for years of play.
- You pay extra for the Earth-friendly construction.
If your young ::age:: girl is looking for a toy tea set to go along with tea time, the Green Toys Tea Set is a great choice. she can play while being nice to the environment at the same time. You see, these tea cups, pots, plates, creamer and sugar bowl are all made of food-grade recycled materials. This is awesome because it means you can actually drink from the set without worrying about hot water melting plastic or leeching and undesirable chemicals.
This tea set is wonderful. The toy items are sturdy while still being small enough for little hand’s to easily handle. It is safe to eat and drink from, washes easily, and quite resistant to scratches and blemishes. Some people aren’t aware that toy manufacturers now have to put little holes to prevent suffocation in any toy a young girl might jam in their mouth. The sugar bowl is the one in this set with the holes – so if you pour a powder in the bowl, it won’t stay there!
These cups are kid-sized, not doll-sized – so they’ll be able to drink more than a sip when playing make-believe. It’s one of the best tea sets out there for kids!
- The thermos water bottle keeps drinks cold all day and hot for 12 hours.
- The beautiful design looks good anywhere—at school, the office, camping, or shopping.
- It is constructed from food-grade stainless steel, which ensures quality and safety.
- The water bottle isn’t dishwasher safe.
What stays cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours? A Onebottl UnicornPower Stainless Steel Water bottle! It’s ideal for unicorn-preoccupied kids, teens, and adults who need a water bottle that doubles as a thermos bottle.
The double-walled vacuum insulated exterior ensures a leakproof water bottle that fits in most cupholders when traveling. It won’t leak water on your books or make a mess in the backpack. The unique unicorn design looks good on your office desk and may be the envy of friends at school. The bottle is a blush pink with colorful, clear images of unicorns on both sides of the container. To add to its cuteness, are the stickers included in the package for unicorn girls.
Light in weight, the water bottle is designed for a comfortable grip; you’ll never be without your beverage, even when shopping, camping, biking, or visiting a friend.
It is constructed from BPA-free, 304 food-grade stainless that is safe to pour your drinks into the flask. The screw-on top secures the content inside. The mouth opening is large enough to add ice for those
- The versatile art activity book has something for all kids irrespective of their art skills; they can trace and scratch-off, color the drawings, or create their doodles and drawings.
- The sturdy wire binding and hardcover protects the pages inside and endure kids’ handling.
- It is perfect for traveling and for keeping kids occupied.
- Not for kids under 5 years that may inhale the scratch coating particles.
The Unicorn Adventure Scratch and Sketch, an art activity book, is one of the best unicorn gifts to give a creative child and budding artist…and a unicorn fan. What is hidden behind the black-coated scratch-off art board pages? Even boys and girls who don’t think they can draw could be inspired to follow the tracing and drawings in the activity book. Tracing with the wooden stylus strengthens hand-eye coordination.
Kids of all ages are invited to join Polly with the unicorn on an adventure to the unicorn’s castle. Scratching the black-coated art board pages reveal rainbow swirls and glittery foil unicorn-related images. The hardcover activity book contains twenty drawings and descriptions of unicorns and friends, twenty pages for doodling, and the twenty black-coated scratch-off pages. Kids may use crayons, markers, or colored pencils to create their unique unicorn artwork and their unicorn adventure stories.
It’s not only a drawing book; it combines the story with the drawings taking kids on an adventure. Boys and girls may build confidence in their art skills and create new experiences for the unicorn combining imagination and creativity.
The hardcover activity book with its wooden styles is convenient for road trips and to keep kids occupied in restaurants and waiting rooms. It gives kids the freedom to sketch on pages at the back or for the less daring to trace and color in the drawings.
Best Subscription Box For 7 year old girls:
Kiwi Crate by KiwiCo
For girls 5 to 8 Years of age
- Encourages a tinkering mindset through experimentation
- Parents can engage with their children in some quality time.
- Created toys are well-made and generally have good replay value.
- You need to create the toy/project in order to have something to play with.
- Subscription is an unique gift-type and can be hard to explain to a child when you give the gift.
The Kiwi Crate by Kiwico is a great way to keep your 7 year old girl excited about science through play throughout the year. This isn’t one toy – instead, you buy a three month, six month or 1 yr subscription and “crates” are delivered every month. Inside you’ll find maker projects that help your child explore art, science, and engineering. We’ve reviewed quite a few of these crates over the years – and our reviewer families have raved about their value and fun-factor.
Each month contains projects and readings centered around a different theme. The instructions are easy to read, but also include additional information for those kids looking for a more in-depth treatment of the subject. I’ve recommended these kits to my family members – and I now I’m recommending them to you.
- The jewelry box is beautifully decorated with watercolor designs that will complement a little girl’s bedroom.
- The unicorn figurine spins with the unicorn tune, and the music stops when the lids close.
- Organizing and storing her jewelry and keepsakes in the jewelry box may even inspire keeping the rest of her unicorn room tidy
- Although the age is 3-months and up, the spinning unicorn may not be sturdy enough for little clumsy fingers.
Little girls love jewelry and keepsakes, and the Jewelkeeper Musical Jewelry Box is the perfect gift to store a unicorn infatuated little girl’s jewelry and treasures. Beautiful watercolor designs of unicorns, rainbows, and the unicorn castle on a sky-blue background decorate the great gift box. It may complement your daughter’s unicorn bedroom décor and may fit nicely with her unicorn toy collection. Even not-so-unicorn-obsessed little girls may love the musical box and proudly display it on their dressing table.
Opening the lid reveals a spinning unicorn with a pink mane, and the Unicorn Tune starts to play. At the back of the box is the crank to wind up the music. The soft pink lining covers the inside to cushion her unicorn necklaces, bracelets, and other keepsakes. When unwelcome snooping siblings, barge into her room, a quick close of the lid stops the music, and all evidence of the dancing unicorn.
Parents may appreciate the sturdiness and durability of the design. The unicorn musical jewelry box is made from durable pine fiberboard material and has a chic silver-tone latch to keep the music box closed. The material complies and meets CPSIA, ASTM, and EN71safety standards and guidelines.
The Party Unicorn jewelry box is already packaged for gifting for parents who don’t have time to wrap the present.
- The unicorn garden is portable and can be displayed indoors or outdoors.
- Five unicorn-related figurines decorate the garden. Your child may move them around depending on their imaginative role-playing story at that moment.
- Kids learn gardening skills while having fun.
- The seeds and soil aren’t included in the package.
Your child may not have a unicorn in the garden, but they can create their unique unicorn garden with Creative Roots Create Your Own Unicorn Garden kit. The 10-inch plastic planter is a nice size for a sustainable garden project for kids indoors or outdoors.
Each child creates a unique garden by planting or decorating with the flowers, herbs, or plants they wish to have in the garden. You don’t even have to buy seeds; they can also use plants from your backyard or flower bed. Some unicorn gardens may well have daisies, pansies, and violets. Other may have more tropical effect with ferns and ground covers. For some, a quick-growing herb garden could be a great idea. It’s up to your child!
The five hand-painted figurines create a personal touch and inspire imaginative play. Your kid may move the castle, two unicorn figurines, the toadstool, and a butterfly around depending on how their creative story unfolds.
Gardening is a soothing exercise that provides delayed gratification after you see the plants grow and flower. Start by layering the planter with soil (seeds and soil not included in the package). Place the garden accessories as desired. Add the plants or flowers and display your garden for all to see.
If your kid doesn’t want to create a live garden, they can use fake moss, and toy trees and shrubs to develop their unicorn garden.
- With the design on both sides, it doesn’t matter in which hand your child holds the mug.
- Add hot water and see the unicorn tail change color.
- The unicorn mug, with its unique trademarked design, is decorative on its own and earns a position with the other unicorn collectibles.
- You’ll have to wait for your turn because everyone will want to drink out of the mug.
The Color Changing Unicorn Mug is a great unicorn gift for kids and adults who enjoy their coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and other hot drinks that works the magic. There’s a reason the unicorn face looks like it’s smiling as if it has a secret. When you pour hot water into the unicorn mug, the unicorn’s hair changes into beautiful rainbow colors.
The design is on both sides of the mug, so it doesn’t matter whether your child is left-handed or right-handed; they will see the color-changing effect. The manufacturer, Infloatables, guarantees a quality ceramic mug with their trademarked Unicorn Mug Design that won’t scratch off.
With a one-of-a-kind design, the 3D mug is decorative enough to earn a particular spot on your desk, in your bedroom, office, or a special place among the other unicorn collectibles. Display it empty or use it to store your pencils, markers, or pens.
It is one of the best unicorn gifts for kids or adults who adore unicorns. They will be delighted with such an original unicorn gift but wait until you offer them a hot drink in their new unicorn mug. It’s a jaw-dropping experience the first time they see the hair of the unicorn change into rainbow colors.
- Teaches strategic thinking, teamwork, social skills and planning to your 7 year old girl.
- Has won numerous awards for it’s great mix of fun and skill building.
- Great for playing with children of different maturity levels for boys and girls.
- Good replay value.
- Games are relatively quick – this might be a good thing depending on the situation but something to be aware of.
- Pre-teen children and up won’t be entertained for long.
Most board games for kids are competitive – and frankly there’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it’s nice for a family to have a game they work together to win, rather than against each other. This is particularly the case if you have a child that is CONSTANTLY getting beaten at games by an older sibling.
In Peaceable Kingdom, players work together as a team against the game, not each other. Besides creating a team, this allows for your 7 year old to learn to share, include others, and build up confidence for themselves and teammates. Each player is an owl that has gone out exploring at night, but now needs to get back home before the sun gets up. If all owls get home before the sun comes up, you are a winner!
- Included experiments are age-appropriate and fun for the family to work together.
- Great for bathtub and sandbox play when younger, but grows into science experiments as your child ages.
- High replay value since equipment can be used to do other experiments available for free on the internet.
- While most are common household items, you need to provide the ingredients for the experiments.
Encourage interest in science and experimental learning with this award-winning lab set. The Learning Resources Primary Science Lab set comes with a ton of kid-friendly science tools. All 12 pieces are correctly sized for 7 year old children to be able to handle.
Younger girls might just use the toy to play make-believe unless you or another adult take them step by step through the instructions. On the other hand, older children can use the included experiment cards to learn more about the physical world around them. Once you’ve gone through all the included experiments, you are free to use the equipment to tackle other experiments about the world around you.
- Easily fits two to three children for great social interactions.
- Nonlinear nature of impromptu shows gives high replay value.
- One of the best toys for developing story-telling ability.
- Doesn’t fold up for storage – an issue if space is tight.
- It’s strictly BYOP – Bring Your Own Puppets.
Your future Oscar winners will love to put their imagination into overdrive when playing with this sturdy puppet theater. The idea of a “stage” allows their creative juices to flow. 7 year old can take turns creating skits or watching their friends – either way it’s a load of fun.
It doesn’t take long to assemble, and is made of high-quality wood- meaning it should survive through years of play. Expect to see your youngsters coming back to this toy time and time again.
What We Like About The Melissa & Doug Puppet Theater
- A card-theme board game for a variety of ages.
- Easy to learn and fun to play.
- Teaches kids card game principles.
- Too many players fill up the board too soon.
Sequence is a two-player board game that requires strategic and decision-making skills. The object is to create a row of five pieces while simultaneously blocking your opponent from creating their rows.
The board shows two packs of cards. Each card lies with its image face up. Each player is dealt seven cards. When it’s your turn, you select a card in your hand to play by placing a chip on one of the two options on the board. That’s where the strategy and fun start, choosing the right one that will enhance your play.
There’s always the wild card to benefit a player and have a negative impact on the opponent. The Jack can be played as any card, or you could remove an opponent’s chip from the board.
The player who scores the required number of sequences wins.
Number of players: 2-3 or up to 12 in three teams
Set up time: 5 minutes
Average Playtime: 10-30 minutes
Complexity Level: Easy
Recommended ages: 7+ years
Reviewed recommended ages: 6+ years
- The vinyl sides stretch to help toddlers climb out of the water.
- 6.5 inches of water is the right amount for kids to have fun without being too deep.
- It takes time to empty the inflatable pool because the material is too stretchy to turn it over.
The Intex Crystal Blue Inflatable Pool has a 6.5-inch water depth that is the right amount of water for splashing fun on a hot summer’s day. It’s not too deep for your toddler but enough water to sit or play-swim in.
The inflatable pool is large enough for more than one toddler. Invite friends over for a swim or enjoy cooling off and splashing each other at a birthday party. It is a good size for water activities and water games. You could add a water slide for your toddler or their favorite water toys. If you don’t want to use it as a pool, use it as a great ball pit during the winter months. It should hold between 200-300 balls.
When your toddler has finished playing in the water, you don’t have to waste the water. Use a beaker to water a flower bed and lift the pool on one side for the water to run out on the lawn. Make sure the pool is dry before storing it.
The pool is made from vinyl. The stretchy material allows toddlers to push the sides down when they want to climb out of the pool. The stretchiness, however, makes it’s difficult to turn over when filled with water. First, remove water with a beaker before you turn it over. It is safer for kids if they can’t turn it over.
Although toddlers 2-years and older may play in the pool, it has small pieces that are deemed choking hazard for kids under 3-years of age.
- The gift set is a combination of 5 unicorn gifts, including jewelry that all girls adore.
- The makeup bag is a nice size for makeup or to store jewelry and other unicorn items that a girl wants to keep safe and within reach.
- The unicorn backpack or gym bag and the makeup bag have the same unicorn design. There are ten design sets to choose from.
- The drawstring bag may not support heavy items.
Any unicorn-infatuated toddler, tween, or teen may be smitten with the Unicorn Gift Set that contains five unicorn gifts; two of the gifts is what all women love—jewelry. Why not make a few girls happy at once and use it as the birthday party favor at your little girls’ birthday celebration?
When they see the unicorn bracelet and pendant necklace, the little girls are going to be ecstatic and forget about all the sweet treats. Armed with their jewelry, they are ready for some unicorn birthday fun.
The makeup bag may also be used to store the jewelry and other unicorn keepsakes. A small zip pouch inside the bag safely keeps smaller items separate from the others and avoid accidentally losing it when unzipping the bag. The larger bag that is ideal for gym clothes and other girly things has a drawstring for quick access to the content.
All items have unicorn designs that match the other pieces in the unicorn gift set. Dr. Unicorn created ten different designs to choose from; each represents some characteristic of a unicorn and varies in the background color.
- The award-winning craft kit contains six different projects that teach a variety of crafting skills.
- Everything is in the kit to make the items, including the instructions your daughter can follow.
- The crafts have practical usage; she can wear it, play with, or hang it in her bedroom as a decoration.
- Some kids may be too young and don’t have the motor skills or hand-eye coordination for the more delicate work, like cutting small pieces of adhesive.
Craft-Tastic I Love Unicorns Kit is the craft gift for tweens and teens that enjoy making things and the solution for moms who don’t always have the ideas or the materials. Everything your kid needs to create the six unicorn-related items are inside the box; you don’t have to purchase anything extra.
The unicorn craft kit won the Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Gold Seal Award in 2017 and consisted of six unicorn-related items your child can make. The entertainment doesn’t stop with making the items; each item has a practical use. She can play with the wearable rainbow unicorn tail, cuddle the stuffie, decorate her room with the colorful unicorn garland, or wear the jewelry.
The 188 items in the kit are made of sturdy material and come with explicit instruction for each project. She may learn new crafting abilities, improve her hand-eye coordination and finer motor skills, and have lots of fun in the process.
It is an excellent idea for a birthday gift or to keep for the days she is sick in bed and needs something to keep her occupied. With six projects, friends who share her love of unicorns may join in the crafting fun.
- The unicorn sneakers are trendy, and fashionably designed by award-winning global leaders in footwear.
- Rubber soles give your daughter secure footing wherever she steps.
- Switch on the button and in addition to rainbows, and bright unicorn lights flash to dazzle any kid.
- Girl’s sneakers may be too narrow for a broader foot.
If you’ve been searching for unicorn sneakers for your daughter, one of the best unicorn gifts is the Skechers Unicorn Craze Sneaker. It’s fashionable and trendy and made by an award-winning global leader in lifestyle footwear.
It has the rainbows, unicorns, and buttons for bright lights with each step to fascinate a little girl. If you can’t find the light button, it’s in the clouds. Look at the end of the rainbow below the ankle.
She’ll love stepping into her unicorn footwear constructed from 100% textile for a long-lasting experience. Rubber soles may keep her from losing her footing on slippery surfaces. The Little Kid size fits kids between 4-8 years, and the Big Kid navy/multi unicorn sneakers are sized for tween girls aged 8-12 years old.
- Jumping helps your 7 year old girl develop muscles and balance while burning off energy.
- Tramp comes with a long list of safety features to make jumping as safe as it can be.
- Your kid’s friends will always be over at your place when you are the ‘trampoline house’.
- Parents need to supervise play – there are dangers involved if instructions aren’t followed.
- This isn’t a small toy. You need to have dedicated space in your backyard to set up and jump.
As we mentioned in our outdoor trampolines review, we think this toy is a winner. Safety is a prime concern in the design of this model. It’s so important, Skywalker has made sure this model exceeds all American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) requirements.
We like the ‘W’ supports – they give more stability to the trampoline. The padded poles and enclosure net are well-made and help to keep your 7 year old is safe. The basketball hoop is a nice touch – it has a breakaway rim and even comes with 2 basketballs. It’ll keep your children and friends entertained for hours at a time. A great gift.
- Both camera lenses have an 8-megapixel photo resolution to take high-quality photos.
- The camera is designed for kids and is easy to operate.
- The screen is 2.3 inches, which is larger than most camera screens for kids.
- SD memory card isn’t included in the purchase.
The Joytrip Kids Digital Camera is a dual-lens camera with 8 Megapixels and a camcorder with FHD 1080P video resolution that’s perfect for little 7 year old girl hands! With a 2.3 inches screen, budding photographers can show off their photography skills. The automatic face tracking feature recognizes faces to capture the best smiley moments.
Replaying the videos or look at the funny photos created with the 21 frames creates hours of fun. The 1000mAh lithium rechargeable battery won’t cut the fun-time short because it lasts for 4-6 hours. Recharging takes 4-5 hours.
Hanging the camera around the child’s neck with the lanyard will help keep the camera from falling. If it does fall, don’t sweat it too much. The camera is made of soft silicone material that is safe against a child’s skin and is also shockproof should the camera fall.
The USB charger and a micro SD card reader are included in the package but not the SD card. The camera supports up to a 32 GB card.
- A quick but intense game for those with limited time who enjoy the action.
- Word game fans will enjoy the frantic competitive element
- Very portable game for traveling
- Players who don’t like thinking on their feet may find the game too stressful.
Bananagrams adds additional competitiveness and excitement to traditional two-player board games like Scrabble. In Scrabble, players take turns, not so in Bananagrams. With this game, each player races to see who can finish all the letters building a grid.
All you need to play is the banana-shaped carrying pouch containing 144 plastic letter tiles and two players. No board, pen, or scoring devices are necessary.
Each player creates a word grid, trying to deplete all their tiles. When that happens, players take another tile. The game continues until all the tiles are taken.
The game is easy to play and teaches kids spelling and new words during play. Bananagrams pouch is compact and convenient for traveling.
Number of players: 2-8
Set up time: 5 minutes
Average Playtime: 15 minutes
Complexity Level: Easy
Recommended ages: 7+ years
Reviewed recommended ages: 8+ years
- Worry-free guarantee means you don’t need to worry about giving your 7 year old a mini-computer that she likely will end up finding a way to break.
- Great for trips, plane rides, or other times a child needs to entertain themselves without being able to move around.
- Included subscription includes a wide variety of children’s books to read – it’s not all fun and games!
- If you haven’t already bought into the Amazon “Co-Prosperity Sphere” of content, you’ll need to – it’s not worth much without the content Amazon provides.
- Amazon parental controls take a little time to learn how to use effectively.
Want to get your 7 year old a tablet, but afraid of quickly they might break it? The Fire 7 Kids Edition is a great tablet for you.
You get a powerful 7-inch tablet in a kid-proof stand – made for little girls hands to be able to grasp easily. The included year of Amazon Free Time provides access to age-appropriate apps, games, books and content from names you know, like PBS Kids, Disney and Nickelodeon. Parental controls leave you in charge of what your 7 year old watches.
And since kids will be kids…if she ends up breaking this Kindle during the first two years by dropping, stomping, spilling, throwing or the multitude of other ways kids break toys, you can simply return it to Amazon to get a replacement. That’s the worry-free guarantee.
These devices come with 16GB of internal storage, but you’ll likely want to invest in an SD card to give you some more space to save content for your child. Prices on flash memory have dropped so much you’ll be amazed how much storage you’ll be able to get for cheap.
Our Process: How We Select The Best Toys And Gifts For 7 year old girls
We spend many weeks writing all of our toy review and gift guides. We know you rely on our input, and we take that trust seriously. Our writers and editors have spent approximately 21 hours researching and testing the most popular toys for 7 year old girls that you can find on the market in September 2023.
All of this time and resources are spent to bring this toy guide to you – we’ve put in the time to make sure our recommendations are ones you can trust.
We also update these lists every day. That’s because we don’t want to provide you with toys that are no longer in-stock – a gift you can’t buy isn’t worth much to you, no matter how cool it might be. We have reviewed many more toys than we list in this guide – and many of them are good but not quite as great as the ones that made the cut.
As top toys move in and out of stock, our recommended list will change. We want this list to help you get the best toys you can for your 7 year old this Holiday season.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gifts for Seven-Year-Old Girls
What is the best gift for a seven-year-old girl?
She is no longer a toddler, but she isn’t old enough to be interested in expensive technology gadgets. Your little girl is in between, which is an excellent age for buying gifts. The best gifts for seven-year-old girls are always those that complement their interests and hobbies.
The easiest way to decide what to buy your daughter is to discern whether she is an active outdoors girl, a budding scientist, or does she prefer dolls, mermaids, princesses, dressing up, and other girly things. Some little girls have many interests; they enjoy playing outdoors, building tents, and riding bikes. They also like wearing bracelets and mommy’s shoes. The gift guide has a selection of toys that may satisfy any seven-year-old girl.
Should I buy learning toys for my daughter?
The variety of gifts for seven-year-olds girls are endless. Gifts may vary from tents and bikes for outdoors to DIY crafts to princess outfits and dolls to toys that improve reading and writing skills. Your daughter is curious and eager to learn new things. Most of the toys available for her recommended age are designed to help her learn new skills or strengthen abilities.
STEAM-related gifts inspire interest in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. These types of gifts are learning toys that educate and motivate creativity and curiosity while your little girl is having fun. Science kits, coding toys, and books with exciting facts are fun STEM-based gifts that may delight your little girl.
With your child’s curiosity and eagerness to expand her horizon, any gift could be a learning toy. If she pretend-plays with her dolls, for example, she is learning how to nurture and express her emotions. Riding her bike teaches her balancing skills and gives her the courage to discover her environment. Binoculars may interest her in learning more about birds.
It’s as much fun in choosing a gift for her than the enjoyment she will get from the present.
I bought a gift that is too challenging for her. What should I do?
Kids develop at their own pace, and each child is different. If you purchased a gift for the recommended age and it is too challenging for your daughter, don’t worry. Save the gift for next year or when she can appreciate it.
Meanwhile, give her a gift that meets her needs. If it means a toy for a six-year-old, then buy it for her as a gift. When she has mastered the toy, you can re-introduce the original gift for her recommended age. By meeting your child’s need and not the milestone she is supposed to have achieved, you are giving her a gift she can enjoy. You are also building her confidence because the toys aren’t too complicated for her. You are also showing her that learning new things and accomplishing challenges are fun; she need not be afraid of challenges, competition, or new ideas.
What should I do with my daughter’s old toys?
If she is still playing with her old toys, then keep them. If she has outgrown her old toys, it is time to make room for new gifts. Cleaning up and maintaining a room tidy are challenging for most kids. Excess toys clutter the toy cupboard. The more toys she has, the more there is to put away. It’s easier to keep her room neat with fewer toys.
Remove all the birthday gifts and Christmas presents that are no longer fun for her. Take them out of her bedroom or playroom. You can store them for younger siblings or unborn children, or you can give the toys to charity or other kids who don’t have many toys. Use the opportunity to teach your little girl about giving. Have her select the toys she wants to give away. Perhaps you could visit a hospital or a charity where she can be part of the outreach of giving to less fortunate kids.
What features should I consider when buying a gift for a girl?
Irrespective of whether you’re buying a gift for a girl or boy, there are three main features to consider. The most important feature is that the gift must be fun. The primary purpose of any toy is that a child will play with the toy and have fun.
Secondly, the gift should be open-ended, without boundaries. It shouldn’t restrict your daughter’s imagination or creativity. The play tent, for example, should be a fort, a hideaway, a castle, or any other building she desires it to be.
Thirdly, the gift should be a learning toy. Some toys are designed as educational toys for the recommended age. Other toys are learning toys because of the development stage of your child. For example, a doll, crayons, or building blocks aren’t just crayons, dolls, or blocks. These gifts are your child’s imagination and creativity that comes to life in pretend-play. At this curious age, she could transform any gift into a learning toy by merely playing with the toy.