Shopping for that first grader in your life is serious business. They no longer are happy with just any toy like they were when they were toddlers. No they have matured quite a bit since then and have their own personalities and tastes. Your seven-year-old girl is one discerning consumer. It’s not just girls – you’d have the same situation when shopping for gifts for a 7 year old boy.
While shopping for your little girl can be intimidating, don’t be fearful. You’ll want to not only pick a gift that is “peer approved” but also one that reflects how important your 7 year old girl is in your life. We’ve selected some gifts that check both the boxes to help you in your quest.
We also tried to pick gifts that will last and have some replay value – so your child can get some use from your present and remember you in the years to come. The world doesn’t need your gift to end up as garbage in a dump come shortly after you bought it.
Finally, in acknowledgement that no one gift is “the best” for all kids, we’ve selected a wide variety of toys that should appeal to kids with different interests. Our headings should give you a good idea what type of kid would love each toy. Hopefully you find something to match the child you are shopping for.
Quick Rundown: The Top Toy Picks For Seven Year Old Girls
A perfect gift for the kid that loves to create things with their own hands.
Nurture a curiosity for science by conducting real hands-on experiments with visually appealing tools and easy-to-follow, beginner science activities
- Made in the USA of BPA-free, recycled milk jugs.
- Easy to clean – it’s dishwasher safe so cleanup is a breeze!
- Your 7 year old girl will build both fine and gross motor skills playing with this set.
- Great for tub play as well.
- Built to last for years of play.
- You pay extra for the Earth-friendly construction.
If your young ::age:: girl is looking for a toy tea set to go along with tea time, the Green Toys Tea Set is a great choice. she can play while being nice to the environment at the same time. You see, these tea cups, pots, plates, creamer and sugar bowl are all made of food-grade recycled materials. This is awesome because it means you can actually drink from the set without worrying about hot water melting plastic or leeching and undesirable chemicals.
This tea set is wonderful. The toy items are sturdy while still being small enough for little hand’s to easily handle. It is safe to eat and drink from, washes easily, and quite resistant to scratches and blemishes. Some people aren’t aware that toy manufacturers now have to put little holes to prevent suffocation in any toy a young girl might jam in their mouth. The sugar bowl is the one in this set with the holes – so if you pour a powder in the bowl, it won’t stay there!
These cups are kid-sized, not doll-sized – so they’ll be able to drink more than a sip when playing make-believe. It’s one of the best tea sets out there for kids!
Best Subscription Box For 7 year old girls:
Kiwi Crate by KiwiCo
For girls 5 to 8 Years of age
- Encourages a tinkering mindset through experimentation
- Parents can engage with their children in some quality time.
- Created toys are well-made and generally have good replay value.
- You need to create the toy/project in order to have something to play with.
- Subscription is an unique gift-type and can be hard to explain to a child when you give the gift.
The Kiwi Crate by Kiwico is a great way to keep your 7 year old girl excited about science through play throughout the year. This isn’t one toy – instead, you buy a three month, six month or 1 yr subscription and “crates” are delivered every month. Inside you’ll find maker projects that help your child explore art, science, and engineering. We’ve reviewed quite a few of these crates over the years – and our reviewer families have raved about their value and fun-factor.
Each month contains projects and readings centered around a different theme. The instructions are easy to read, but also include additional information for those kids looking for a more in-depth treatment of the subject. I’ve recommended these kits to my family members – and I now I’m recommending them to you.
- Teaches strategic thinking, teamwork, social skills and planning to your 7 year old girl.
- Has won numerous awards for it’s great mix of fun and skill building.
- Great for playing with children of different maturity levels for boys and girls.
- Good replay value.
- Games are relatively quick – this might be a good thing depending on the situation but something to be aware of.
- Pre-teen children and up won’t be entertained for long.
Most board games for kids are competitive – and frankly there’s nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it’s nice for a family to have a game they work together to win, rather than against each other. This is particularly the case if you have a child that is CONSTANTLY getting beaten at games by an older sibling.
In Peaceable Kingdom, players work together as a team against the game, not each other. Besides creating a team, this allows for your 7 year old to learn to share, include others, and build up confidence for themselves and teammates. Each player is an owl that has gone out exploring at night, but now needs to get back home before the sun gets up. If all owls get home before the sun comes up, you are a winner!
- Included experiments are age-appropriate and fun for the family to work together.
- Great for bathtub and sandbox play when younger, but grows into science experiments as your child ages.
- High replay value since equipment can be used to do other experiments available for free on the internet.
- While most are common household items, you need to provide the ingredients for the experiments.
Encourage interest in science and experimental learning with this award-winning lab set. The Learning Resources Primary Science Lab set comes with a ton of kid-friendly science tools. All 12 pieces are correctly sized for 7 year old children to be able to handle.
Younger girls might just use the toy to play make-believe unless you or another adult take them step by step through the instructions. On the other hand, older children can use the included experiment cards to learn more about the physical world around them. Once you’ve gone through all the included experiments, you are free to use the equipment to tackle other experiments about the world around you.
- Easily fits two to three children for great social interactions.
- Nonlinear nature of impromptu shows gives high replay value.
- One of the best toys for developing story-telling ability.
- Doesn’t fold up for storage – an issue if space is tight.
- It’s strictly BYOP – Bring Your Own Puppets.
Your future Oscar winners will love to put their imagination into overdrive when playing with this sturdy puppet theater. The idea of a “stage” allows their creative juices to flow. 7 year old can take turns creating skits or watching their friends – either way it’s a load of fun.
It doesn’t take long to assemble, and is made of high-quality wood- meaning it should survive through years of play. Expect to see your youngsters coming back to this toy time and time again.
What We Like About The Melissa & Doug Puppet Theater
- Jumping helps your 7 year old girl develop muscles and balance while burning off energy.
- Tramp comes with a long list of safety features to make jumping as safe as it can be.
- Your kid’s friends will always be over at your place when you are the ‘trampoline house’.
- Parents need to supervise play – there are dangers involved if instructions aren’t followed.
- This isn’t a small toy. You need to have dedicated space in your backyard to set up and jump.
As we mentioned in our outdoor trampolines review, we think this toy is a winner. Safety is a prime concern in the design of this model. It’s so important, Skywalker has made sure this model exceeds all American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) requirements.
We like the ‘W’ supports – they give more stability to the trampoline. The padded poles and enclosure net are well-made and help to keep your 7 year old is safe. The basketball hoop is a nice touch – it has a breakaway rim and even comes with 2 basketballs. It’ll keep your children and friends entertained for hours at a time. A great gift.
- Both camera lenses have an 8-megapixel photo resolution to take high-quality photos.
- The camera is designed for kids and is easy to operate.
- The screen is 2.3 inches, which is larger than most camera screens for kids.
- SD memory card isn’t included in the purchase.
The Joytrip Kids Digital Camera is a dual-lens camera with 8 Megapixels and a camcorder with FHD 1080P video resolution that’s perfect for little 7 year old girl hands! With a 2.3 inches screen, budding photographers can show off their photography skills. The automatic face tracking feature recognizes faces to capture the best smiley moments.
Replaying the videos or look at the funny photos created with the 21 frames creates hours of fun. The 1000mAh lithium rechargeable battery won’t cut the fun-time short because it lasts for 4-6 hours. Recharging takes 4-5 hours.
Hanging the camera around the child’s neck with the lanyard will help keep the camera from falling. If it does fall, don’t sweat it too much. The camera is made of soft silicone material that is safe against a child’s skin and is also shockproof should the camera fall.
The USB charger and a micro SD card reader are included in the package but not the SD card. The camera supports up to a 32 GB card.
- Worry-free guarantee means you don’t need to worry about giving your 7 year old a mini-computer that she likely will end up finding a way to break.
- Great for trips, plane rides, or other times a child needs to entertain themselves without being able to move around.
- Included subscription includes a wide variety of children’s books to read – it’s not all fun and games!
- If you haven’t already bought into the Amazon “Co-Prosperity Sphere” of content, you’ll need to – it’s not worth much without the content Amazon provides.
- Amazon parental controls take a little time to learn how to use effectively.
Want to get your 7 year old a tablet, but afraid of quickly they might break it? The Fire 7 Kids Edition is a great tablet for you.
You get a powerful 7-inch tablet in a kid-proof stand – made for little girls hands to be able to grasp easily. The included year of Amazon Free Time provides access to age-appropriate apps, games, books and content from names you know, like PBS Kids, Disney and Nickelodeon. Parental controls leave you in charge of what your 7 year old watches.
And since kids will be kids…if she ends up breaking this Kindle during the first two years by dropping, stomping, spilling, throwing or the multitude of other ways kids break toys, you can simply return it to Amazon to get a replacement. That’s the worry-free guarantee.
These devices come with 16GB of internal storage, but you’ll likely want to invest in an SD card to give you some more space to save content for your child. Prices on flash memory have dropped so much you’ll be amazed how much storage you’ll be able to get for cheap.
- The included cloak is an EXACT replica of the movie prop on display in the official Warner Bros studio tour in London.
- It’s going to be THE GIFT for Harry Potter fans in 2020.
- The cloak, standalone, is of nice construction. The added invisibility effect is a nice addition!
- Phone must be still in the tripod to get the “invisible” effect to work.
- Deluxe version is nice and completely true to the movie, but can be a bit pricey. The standard version doesn’t include the tripod either.
What kid hasn’t at some point wanted to be invisible? I know I thought the Invisibility Cloak from the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone would have awesome to own. And now you can!
This 2020 Toy of the Year finalist is an exciting augmented reality toy. This official Warner Bros. Invisibility cloak costume perfectly replicates the cloak from the Harry Potter series’ magical properties.
How does it work? It works with an associated phone app – so you can save – and share – your invisible scenes. It’s easy to save stills or videos to your devices’ camera roll for later viewing fun. If you or your children haven’t played with a “green screen” before, you are in for a treat.
In addition to the A-R aspect of this gift, it’s also a great Harry Potter toy and collector item on it’s own. If your 7 year old girl is into Harry Potter dress up or Cosplay, she’ll appreciate this gift!
- Adjustable height means it will grow with your girl.
- Folds down easily for quick storage.
- The different sizes of chalk and markers help develop fine motor skills.
- A great way to share a love of drawing with friends or family.
- This toy requires assembly which can be a deal breaker for some.
If your child is stoked to draw but you don’t want the hassle of buying and throwing away reams of artwork-filled paper, this easel is for you. Both the chalkboard and dry-erase sides are erasable – so when your artist moves on to a new work the board will follow. It can be used on both sides at teh same time so your girl can use this toy to play with a friend at the same time.
The adjustable height is a great feature – your child will be able to use this for years to come without having to hunch over to draw. It comes with chalk and an eraser, along with a brush – but you’ll want to make sure you get more chlak on your own. With how fun this toy is, you’ll need it!
What We Like About The NextX Kids Adjustable Easel
- Great toy to inspire imaginatively and role-playing for girls.
- Big enough for 7 year old children to play with but stores easily.
- Perfect for playdates – many kids can comfortably play together at once.
- Solid construction means this should outlast your child’s interest in it.
- You will need to assemble this toy. Be prepared with a power drill to save yourself time and anguish.
- You might notice the lack of counter space – your child probably could care less!
Most 7 year olds are fascinated by the kitchen, and how it’s the realm of “big people”. Now you can get your child their own pretend kitchen to work and play in!
This play-set comes with everything a young girl needs to play house. There’s a playset, along with cookware, dishes and a recycle bin. You’ll find 20 pieces when you buy this toy.
While role-play is very important to preschool children, you’ll also help develop their relationship skills since this kitchen is great for inviting friends to play.
- Great functionality in a small package.
- 7 year old girls will love playing the role of director with the built-in cameras.
- A lot cheaper than a Fitbit or Apple Watch!
- Heavy video usage can drain the battery in less than a day – not great if you rely on it primarily for a watch.
- Colorful design might seem childish to tween-aged children.
This smartwatch is really a mini-smartphone – without internet access or GPS. Why do I say that? It has 2 cameras, a microphone, games built-in, and can function as a pedometer. That’s a lot of features in a little package!
Parents and kids can download the pictures and videos to a PC where they can be kept or viewed by all. It’s very intuitive to use – and while not waterproof it is “splash proof” so the occasional spill or drop should brick the watch. It’s a great toy if you think your child feels left out not having a “smart” device.
Codey Rocky is a GREAT toy for learning how to code. 7 year old programmers can use the associated app to get up and running quickly. There’s plenty to do with this robot without moving on from just app-based play. Your inquisitive girl can move and play with the robot really quickly in this mode.
Once the Codey Rocky is attached to your PC you can use an easy-to-learn block-based language to program the robot. If this is too limiting, you can also use the popular programming language python to expand your choice enormously. This should give your 7 year old years of play as your child moves up the programming skill curve.
- Easy to control and get into the air – but still helps to build patience.
- Flight control builds hand-eye coordination to keep the kite soaring in the air.
- You need to get outside to use this toy – and 7 year old girl will!
- You’ll need to help younger children with assembly.
- You need some space and decent weather to play with this toy.
Good kites are under-rated toys. There’s something hard-wired in most girls that makes she want to fly a kite on a warm, sunny day. This kite makes that easy enough for 7 year olds.
The design makes it surprisingly easy to get – and stay -airborne. It won’t entertain your children for multiple hours at a time, but they will continue to come back to this toy as they grow through the years. The colorful pattern will bring a smile to both you and your child’s face.
- Learn about the world through fun projects every month
- Gift will continue to be appreciated month-0after-month as new crates arrive.
- It’s great for girls to show creativity and appreciation for the world they live in.
- At this age, most of the projects can be completed with very little parental help. This builds self-confidence.
- Not every child is into exploring other cultures. If your kid is in this category, this toy isn’t for them.
The Atlas Crate by Kiwico is perfect for 7 year old girls that love traveling and learning more about the world. This package isn’t one toy – instead, you buy a one-time subscription and “crates” are delivered throughout the year. The Atlas Crate is different than most subscription crates – focused more on different places and cultures around the world.
As the crates come month after month and more projects are completed, your child will build their own adventure book. My child really loved building his own globe in one project. If your kid is interested in the people in the world and the places they come from, this gift will be appreciated.
- Allows children to learn the alphabet and reading skill at their own, independent pace.
- Audiobook feature is great for car rides – just use headphones and your child is entertained.
- The pen is well-sized for young hands, and nearly indestructible.
- Workbooks aren’t cheap, and really are one-time-use only.
- The system is easy for kids, but there’s a learning curve for parents to set it up.
This comprehensive learning system will fast-track your child towards reading independence. The Leap Frog turns learning about reading and writing into a game – making learning fun. When your child is done with the initial book and audio titles, there are over 150 more available on a wide range of topics. This means there will be SOMETHING your child wants to read.
One pro tip to keep content costs down – head to your local thrift store or Goodwill to get used books. Just make sure to check they work with the current generation of Tag books.
Helps To Develop: “Communication Development, Focus, Thinking Skills”
- Scaled for younger children – won’t be too hard to master.
- Easy to assemble and use – just step on and try to stay standing!
- Small size and play area means it’s great to use almost anywhere.
- One of the better toys for 7 year old girls.
- While well-made, most children over 7 will be too large to comfortably use. Therefore the lifespan is limited.
- Small toddlers might need some help using this toy.
We all want our 7 year old girls to be active and moving. This balance board not only accomplishes getting them up off the couch, but they’ll have fun and improve their balance at the same time!
Made of a sturdy wood construction, your 7 year old will be able to entertain themselves for hours inside the house and out. It’s great to use while doing another activity – having your child use it while watching TV is one example.
The best balance board toys are not only fun to play with, but they also help to develop spatial awareness, balance, and coordination. In addition, there is research that using balance boards can help increase attention span and focusing ability in children.
- Doe eyes and a nice smile like you’d expect from a Disney product. It’s a pretty doll.
- Your daughter will love how Elsa’s dress lights up.
- Perfect for 7 year old fans of the Frozen franchise.
- At 14″, this is a rather big doll.
- No volume control – Elsa’s voice might be loud for some people.
Is your child a Frozen FANATIC? Then this Disney Frozen 2 Elsa Musical Doll will be a hit this holiday season!
This doll is perfect for kids that love to sing the “Into the Unknown” song from Frozen 2. A 2020 Toy of the Year Award Finalist, it not only sings the song if you press Elsa’s gem but also says over 14 film-inspired phrases. It’s great for playing make-believe and immersing into the Frozen 2 world.
It’s a tall doll at 14 inches, but should provide hours of screen-free entertainment for your girl.
- German engineering means you should expect a high-quality constructed product.
- Shapes aren’t all cubes, so there’s a push towards creative expression when playing. It’ll develop some beginner engineer skills to stack some of these block toys!
- Your little girl will play with these for years to come. High replay value.
- These have some heft, so make sure to supervise play with these toys when used by 2 year olds and infants.
- There are cheaper sets available; we like these because the company has a reputation for quality and isn’t likely using dangerous paints or additives in the toy design.
These wooden block toys will allow your 7 year old girl to express their budding creativity. The HABA Wooden Mod Blocks have some mass to them, which helps in building both coordination and strengthening motor skills. They are best suited to use on a smooth surface.
The colors and patterns on the wood are very vibrant. The shapes are non-traditional so your girl will have to think a bit outside the box when using them to play make believe . You’ll be amazed at the different worlds your child can build from these simple wooden blocks. While the 21 blocks are enough to play with solo, you can expand the set with other blocks so your child can play with friends.
Our Process: How We Select The Best Toys And Gifts For 7 year old girls
We spend many weeks writing all of our toy review and gift guides. We know you rely on our input, and we take that trust seriously. Our writers and editors have spent approximately 21 hours researching and testing the most popular toys for 7 year old girls that you can find on the market in April 2020.
All of this time and resources are spent to bring this toy guide to you – we’ve put in the time to make sure our recommendations are ones you can trust.
We also update these lists every day. That’s because we don’t want to provide you with toys that are no longer in-stock – a gift you can’t buy isn’t worth much to you, no matter how cool it might be. We have reviewed many more toys than we list in this guide – and many of them are good but not quite as great as the ones that made the cut.
As top toys move in and out of stock, our recommended list will change. We want this list to help you get the best toys you can for your 7 year old this Holiday season.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gifts for Seven-Year-Old Girls
What is the best gift for a seven-year-old girl?
She is no longer a toddler, but she isn’t old enough to be interested in expensive technology gadgets. Your little girl is in between, which is an excellent age for buying gifts. The best gifts for seven-year-old girls are always those that complement their interests and hobbies.
The easiest way to decide what to buy your daughter is to discern whether she is an active outdoors girl, a budding scientist, or does she prefer dolls, mermaids, princesses, dressing up, and other girly things. Some little girls have many interests; they enjoy playing outdoors, building tents, and riding bikes. They also like wearing bracelets and mommy’s shoes. The gift guide has a selection of toys that may satisfy any seven-year-old girl.
Should I buy learning toys for my daughter?
The variety of gifts for seven-year-olds girls are endless. Gifts may vary from tents and bikes for outdoors to DIY crafts to princess outfits and dolls to toys that improve reading and writing skills. Your daughter is curious and eager to learn new things. Most of the toys available for her recommended age are designed to help her learn new skills or strengthen abilities.
STEAM-related gifts inspire interest in science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. These types of gifts are learning toys that educate and motivate creativity and curiosity while your little girl is having fun. Science kits, coding toys, and books with exciting facts are fun STEM-based gifts that may delight your little girl.
With your child’s curiosity and eagerness to expand her horizon, any gift could be a learning toy. If she pretend-plays with her dolls, for example, she is learning how to nurture and express her emotions. Riding her bike teaches her balancing skills and gives her the courage to discover her environment. Binoculars may interest her in learning more about birds.
It’s as much fun in choosing a gift for her than the enjoyment she will get from the present.
I bought a gift that is too challenging for her. What should I do?
Kids develop at their own pace, and each child is different. If you purchased a gift for the recommended age and it is too challenging for your daughter, don’t worry. Save the gift for next year or when she can appreciate it.
Meanwhile, give her a gift that meets her needs. If it means a toy for a six-year-old, then buy it for her as a gift. When she has mastered the toy, you can re-introduce the original gift for her recommended age. By meeting your child’s need and not the milestone she is supposed to have achieved, you are giving her a gift she can enjoy. You are also building her confidence because the toys aren’t too complicated for her. You are also showing her that learning new things and accomplishing challenges are fun; she need not be afraid of challenges, competition, or new ideas.
What should I do with my daughter’s old toys?
If she is still playing with her old toys, then keep them. If she has outgrown her old toys, it is time to make room for new gifts. Cleaning up and maintaining a room tidy are challenging for most kids. Excess toys clutter the toy cupboard. The more toys she has, the more there is to put away. It’s easier to keep her room neat with fewer toys.
Remove all the birthday gifts and Christmas presents that are no longer fun for her. Take them out of her bedroom or playroom. You can store them for younger siblings or unborn children, or you can give the toys to charity or other kids who don’t have many toys. Use the opportunity to teach your little girl about giving. Have her select the toys she wants to give away. Perhaps you could visit a hospital or a charity where she can be part of the outreach of giving to less fortunate kids.
What features should I consider when buying a gift for a girl?
Irrespective of whether you’re buying a gift for a girl or boy, there are three main features to consider. The most important feature is that the gift must be fun. The primary purpose of any toy is that a child will play with the toy and have fun.
Secondly, the gift should be open-ended, without boundaries. It shouldn’t restrict your daughter’s imagination or creativity. The play tent, for example, should be a fort, a hideaway, a castle, or any other building she desires it to be.
Thirdly, the gift should be a learning toy. Some toys are designed as educational toys for the recommended age. Other toys are learning toys because of the development stage of your child. For example, a doll, crayons, or building blocks aren’t just crayons, dolls, or blocks. These gifts are your child’s imagination and creativity that comes to life in pretend-play. At this curious age, she could transform any gift into a learning toy by merely playing with the toy.