Is there a better age than the three-year-old boy? It’s a fun time because their personality is in full bloom. Kids this age have a good idea of what they like and don’t, and are very willing to let you know about it. Compared to a few short years ago when they really couldn’t communicate, it’s a lot easier to shop for both boys and girls gifts in this age group.
Of course, this depends on you living close enough to spend time to get to know the child. That’s not the case for many of us, which makes shopping more difficult.
If this is your situation, we’ve got your back. We’ve written this gift guide to help you out. Inside, we have high-quality, solid toys your young child will love. All have a high “replay” value – meaning they will be used for many months or even years of play. We’ve also included a guide to selecting age-appropriate toys for both boys and girls in case you want to go to the store and shop on your own.
The Quick Rundown: The Top toys for 3 year old boys
- KiwiCo does a great job making the projects age-appropriate for your 3 year old.
- Develops hand-eye coordination and critical thinking in every box.
- You can feel the quality in the sturdiness of each project piece. Your boy won’t easily break these pieces.
- Your child will be learning while having a great time creating. That’s what makes is one of the best toys for 3 year old boys.
- Not every kit has great replay value – but you get a new crate every month.
- Parents need to be involved when creating the projects.
The Koala Crate by Kiwico is a great way to keep your 3 year old boy engaged throughout the year. This isn’t one toy – instead you buy a three or six month subscription and “crates” are delivered throughout the year. Parents and children work together to create the project for the month and then play with it afterward. We’ve reviewed quite a few over the years – and our reviewer families have raved about how these crates have provided hours of quality parent-child bonding time.
The subject of the kits varies – but you’ll find a parental guide, board book and creative materials for 2-3 projects inside each toy box. The toy projects are fun to play with after you build them – but not all of them have a long life of replayability. Some do, but for others, the creation process is where the fun is at. That’s the genius of these subscription box gifts – even if a child isn’t stoked about a particular crate, there’s a new one to explore coming in a few short weeks.
- Great for social play for your 3 year old boy
- Different cars and trucks leads to great replay value
- Large size makes it easy for toddlers to assemble on their own
- Combine with other DUPLO sets for more fun!
- Includes cards and instructions
- Sometimes hard to find in stock
- Older preschoolers will want more of a challenge than this set provides.
LEGOs have been a staple under the Christmas tree for years – and this DUPLO My First Cars and Trucks lives up to the LEGO reputation for fun and quality. All young boys enjoy creating exciting toy cars and trucks they can “drive” themselves. It’s a great toy that parents can play with as well – and since there are multiple combinations to make different vehicles, your toys for 3 year old boy will not get bored with this toy.
Since these building toys can be extended by adding other sets to play with, it will grow with your little boy as he goes from being a 3 year old to a preschooler. The easy portability means you’ll often be packing these DUPLO toys up and bringing them to your child’s friends house. Luckily it’s easy and simple to do!
It’s a great gift for 3 year old. You might want to look around at other DUPLO sets as well – price can often vary widely.
- Made in the USA of BPA-free, recycled milk jugs.
- Easy to clean – it’s dishwasher safe so cleanup is a breeze!
- Your 3 year old boy will build both fine and gross motor skills playing with this set.
- Great for tub play as well.
- Built to last for years of play.
- You pay extra for the Earth-friendly construction.
If your young ::age:: boy is looking for a toy tea set to go along with tea time, the Green Toys Tea Set is a great choice. he can play while being nice to the environment at the same time. You see, these tea cups, pots, plates, creamer and sugar bowl are all made of food-grade recycled materials. This is awesome because it means you can actually drink from the set without worrying about hot water melting plastic or leeching and undesirable chemicals.
This tea set is wonderful. The toy items are sturdy while still being small enough for little hand’s to easily handle. It is safe to eat and drink from, washes easily, and quite resistant to scratches and blemishes. Some people aren’t aware that toy manufacturers now have to put little holes to prevent suffocation in any toy a young boy might jam in their mouth. The sugar bowl is the one in this set with the holes – so if you pour a powder in the bowl, it won’t stay there!
These cups are kid-sized, not doll-sized – so they’ll be able to drink more than a sip when playing make-believe. It’s one of the best tea sets out there for kids!
- Made in the USA.
- Easy to store – just fold it up and put it away
- Constructed of hard plastic for years of use.
- Great for 3 year old boys that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Quick assembly time.
- Made for both inside and outside play.
- The more adventurous children among us may become bored with this slide as they get older.
- More expensive than no-name branded slides. You pay for the Little Tykes brand quality.
Sometimes the weather isn’t good enough to take your child out for playground fun. With the Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide you can bring the outside fun indoors! This toy is portable – just fold the slide up and easily move it indoors or out.
It’s sturdy enough that you don’t need to worry about your boy tipping this toy over on accident. There’s a wide base and a low center of gravity. The sides of the stairs are a perfect handrail for little hands. Stuffed animals like riding this slide almost as much as little boys!
- There’s nothing better for gaining balance skills to prepare for a “big-boy” bike.
- Looks very similar to bikes ridden by Mom and Dad.
- Provides age-appropriate mobility so he can explore the world.
- No flat tires and limited moving parts make for easy maintenance for parents.
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination and improve motor skills for your 3 year old.
- Not everyone loves the ride of no-air tires due to harder ride.
- The foot rest may rub against the smallest riders feet and ankles depending on their form.
A balance bike is a great choice for your boy that has places to be! Unlike many tricycle or regular bikes, balance bikes don’t have pedals. Instead, kids use their feet to push around “Flintstones-style”. This is much easier for a 3 year old to master, and helps to quickly develop the balance skills needed to graduate to a regular bicycle.
This bike is adjustable so your child will be able to use it as boy ages. he will likely move to a real bike long before outgrowing this toy.
This model is especially nice because of it’s low center of gravity – it’s easier to control. Most children over 6 will be too big for this balance bike, but it will depend on the height and skill of the individual boy. Each child grows differently.
- Provides sturdy support as your 3 year old begins to learn to walk.
- Colorful construction and entertaining lights and sounds make it a great toy on it’s own.
- Very easy assembly will get your boy up and playing in no time.
- Wheels add traction on almost any indooor surface – including wood floors and carpets.
- Does every toy have to have lights and sounds :)
- The phone is small enough that it’s VERY easy to lose. Keep an eye on it.
Build those motor skills and have fun at the same time! Your 3 year old boy can find he balance and get up and walking while using this toy. It’s not just a walker, but also a stand-alone toy when you remove the play panel from the wheels. There are bright colors, a wide variety of animals and shapes and other distractions for your 3 year old to have a blast! There’s even a phone – no rotary dial on this model like you might remember from your childhood though.
Once your 3 year old boy is mobile, this walker really shines. It’s easy to push and provides nice support as he begins the journey to walking. There are two settings on the wheels so if it’s moving too fast or slow for their age, make the necessary adjustments. Do remember the batteries to power all the lights and sounds – unless you need a break of course!
- This plush toy is SOFT….REALLY soft! Your 3 year old will love holding it.
- The animation will keep your young child entertained for a long time.
- It’s a great gift your boy will remember as he grows up.
- There isn’t a lot of variety in the song (there’s only one) – but children at this age don’t seem to mind.
- It’s only surface washable due to the electronics.
Every child LOVES a stuffed animal, and the Baby GUND Flora The Bunny is the top toys for 3 year old boys for a reason. To begin with, it’s really soft. Your young one will absolutely love to hug and snuggle with Flora because of the way it feels.
Since it’s made by GUND, there’s 120 years of tradition and craftsmanship at work that you can see in this toy. They know how to make safe toys for infants – and the Flora The Bunny toy doesn’t disappoint.
Once you flip the switch, Flora comes to life. There are two modes your infant boy will come to adore. The first is a game of interactive “Peek-A-Boo”. No child this age can resist peek-a-boo, and Flora is very good at playing it. If her other foot is pressed, the bunny will sing a cute rendition of “Do Your Ears Hang Low.” She’ll also move her ears – your kid will love it.
In fact, the only real downside to this toy is you’ll eventually know all the words by heart because most children don’t tire of repeating the play and song, over and over. Luckily, it’s not TOO loud.
- Easily fits two to three children for great social interactions.
- Nonlinear nature of impromptu shows gives high replay value.
- One of the best toys for developing story-telling ability.
- Doesn’t fold up for storage – an issue if space is tight.
- It’s strictly BYOP – Bring Your Own Puppets.
Your future Oscar winners will love to put their imagination into overdrive when playing with this sturdy puppet theater. The idea of a “stage” allows their creative juices to flow. 3 year old can take turns creating skits or watching their friends – either way it’s a load of fun.
It doesn’t take long to assemble, and is made of high-quality wood- meaning it should survive through years of play. Expect to see your youngsters coming back to this toy time and time again.
What We Like About The Melissa & Doug Puppet Theater
- Molded-design means no assembly time – and makes it really easy to clean.
- Built for toddlers – so safety is a primary concern
- Doesn’t make a ton of noise + a lot of fun for your little boy? What’s not to love!
- Made in the USA.
- While rated for 50 lbs, your child will likely outgrow it before that.
- Does a rocking horse really need an Alexa skill enabled?
This classic toy is brought into the 21st century! The Little Tykes Rocking Horse is given a modern look but still retains it’s spectacularly simple design. The entire horse is made in one color, with soft edges to prevent injuries from inevitable falls and spills. It looks really cool too!
It’s made of a high-quality, hardy plastic that should mean your boy will outgrow this rocking horse before it begins to show signs of age. The rocking angle isn’t as steep as a toy for older kids – and that’s the way you want it for your 3 year old.
You can take this toy outside or play with inside – it’s made for both. The simple construction means it’s easy to clean, which is why it’s one of the best toys for 3 year old boy.
- Self-propelled nature of toy both builds up muscle development and helps to burn off energy in your 3 year old.
- While relatively easy to use, there is some skill needed to spin fast. This helps to keep the replay value high.
- In simplest terms: Most boys think it’s really fun to spin.
- Really only appropriate for boys who can move about on their own – so you’ll need to judge if your child is ready.
- Not every kid likes to get dizzy. Most parents don’t like to clean up after children that don’t like to get dizzy. :)
The Playskool Sit ‘n Spin is a fun toy geared towards boys developed enough to sit up on their own. Children control their speed through their own arm power, which both allows them to control the speed and burn off tons of energy at the same time. This is especially helpful when kids are cooped up inside during winter months without many outlets for pent-up ::gender::-power. While it’s simple, it is extremely fun. It’s definitely one of the best toys for 3 year old boy.
This isn’t a new toy – I played with and loved one of these as a child myself. They last for many years, and kids will play with them from the pre-2 age all the way up to 6-7 years old.
- Large selection of instruments means more hours of play and exploration for your 3 year old.
- Multiple toys enable sharing and playing with others.
- Builds hand-eye coordination which is important at this age.
- Very reasonably priced for what you get.
- You and your 3 year old boy’s idea of “music” are sure to differ. Prepare yourself with earplugs beforehand. :)
Twenty-four months is the earliest most boys express interest in playing with musical instruments. Satisfy that creative curiosity with this set of musical instruments. You’ll get maracas, a xylophone, blocks, a drum and sleigh bells with this set. You’ll also appreciate the carrying bag – it’s great to store the instruments when needed, and will come in handy when you take them for a play date or overnight trip.
The wide range of instruments give your 3 year old a chance to explore different sounds and styles of musical play. The variety also helps to prevent toy boredom and burnout. As your young boy ages and begins to socialize more, having numerous instruments available provides an easy means to share with other children.
- Worry-free guarantee means you don’t need to worry about giving your 3 year old a mini-computer that he likely will end up finding a way to break.
- Great for trips, plane rides, or other times a child needs to entertain themselves without being able to move around.
- Included subscription includes a wide variety of children’s books to read – it’s not all fun and games!
- If you haven’t already bought into the Amazon “Co-Prosperity Sphere” of content, you’ll need to – it’s not worth much without the content Amazon provides.
- Amazon parental controls take a little time to learn how to use effectively.
Want to get your 3 year old a tablet, but afraid of quickly they might break it? The Fire 7 Kids Edition is a great tablet for you.
You get a powerful 7-inch tablet in a kid-proof stand – made for little boys hands to be able to grasp easily. The included year of Amazon Free Time provides access to age-appropriate apps, games, books and content from names you know, like PBS Kids, Disney and Nickelodeon. Parental controls leave you in charge of what your 3 year old watches.
And since kids will be kids…if he ends up breaking this Kindle during the first two years by dropping, stomping, spilling, throwing or the multitude of other ways kids break toys, you can simply return it to Amazon to get a replacement. That’s the worry-free guarantee.
These devices come with 16GB of internal storage, but you’ll likely want to invest in an SD card to give you some more space to save content for your child. Prices on flash memory have dropped so much you’ll be amazed how much storage you’ll be able to get for cheap.
- Adjustable height means it will grow with your boy.
- Folds down easily for quick storage.
- The different sizes of chalk and markers help develop fine motor skills.
- A great way to share a love of drawing with friends or family.
- This toy requires assembly which can be a deal breaker for some.
If your child is stoked to draw but you don’t want the hassle of buying and throwing away reams of artwork-filled paper, this easel is for you. Both the chalkboard and dry-erase sides are erasable – so when your artist moves on to a new work the board will follow. It can be used on both sides at teh same time so your boy can use this toy to play with a friend at the same time.
The adjustable height is a great feature – your child will be able to use this for years to come without having to hunch over to draw. It comes with chalk and an eraser, along with a brush – but you’ll want to make sure you get more chlak on your own. With how fun this toy is, you’ll need it!
What We Like About The NextX Kids Adjustable Easel
- Double sports focus will keep your 3 year old boy entertained for longer.
- Provides an age-appropriate level of challenge so it’s a fun experience for your child.
- Great early introduction to some organized sports.
- Won’t break the bank – great gift for well under $50.
- While there are 50 rotating phrases used by this toy, it won’t feel like that many to you as the parent.
- It’s not a toy that will grow with your boy toddler.
This multisport setup will satisfy even the most demanding junior jock. Containing both a basketball hoop and a soccer net, your 3 year old child will enjoy hours of play while building up their motor skills and coordination.
Most boys love the bright lights and sounds of the scoreboard. There’s a ton of praise being given through the electronic speakers as well. It’s easy to pretend play about shooting the winning goal in front of a huge crowd with the electronic encouragement this toy provides.
- Toys provides the durability and stability of wood construction
- Every cube face has a new activity to play with – like 5 toys in one.
- Colorful toy will keep your 3 year old entertained for hours at a time!
- Expect this toys for 3 year old boy to be one handed down to future children in your family.
- It’s a pretty sizable cube; you’ll need some space to store this toy in your playroom.
- Some of the toys on the sides aren’t for the youngest children – they won’t know what to do with them.
You’ve probably seen similar cubes at dentist and doctor offices in the past – but this cube is yours! This farm-themed wooden activity cube is not only 5 different toys in one; it’s also a great toy for your boy to pull themselves up as they learn to stand and walk. It’s very solidly made – it’s a heavy toy since it’s made of wood. Most 3 year old kids will have fun developing their motor skills as they open doors, move beads up and around poles and interact with a multitude of other activities built-in to this cube.
Some of the sides are meant for slightly older children – you may have to get involved and show your younger child how to use them depending on their age. They will grow into the activities over time. Little hands will get a great workout grasping and moving pieces all around the cube.
- It is very interactive – your child will be able to get deep into the Toy Story universe with this toy.
- It lights up, makes sounds from the movie, and MOVES!
- It’s sturdy – meant to handle drops and falls that come with the territory of being a toy for 3 year olds
- Size is great for easy storage.
- Some people prefer the 11 inch size to this 7 inch toy
- There’s no volume, so it only produces sounds at one level. This could get annoying over time.
Your 3 year old boy will be ecstatic playing as Buzz with the Disney Pixar Toy Story Ultimate Walking Buzz Lightyear action figure. At seven inches tall, it’s quite easy to fit in a backpack or bag to take to a friend’s house. This toy has ALL the features!
Turn the toy ON by pressing the button under Buzz’s arm. Deploy his wings and hear him say his famous catchphrases by hitting the big red button on his side. Fire his blaster for “laser” lights and authentic blaster sounds.
There’s a great mix of real-world features to go with the make-believe play this toy will instill in young boys. That’s what makes this on of the great toys for 3 year old boy – it’s ability to come alive for your child during play.
- Easy to control and get into the air – but still helps to build patience.
- Flight control builds hand-eye coordination to keep the kite soaring in the air.
- You need to get outside to use this toy – and 3 year old boy will!
- You’ll need to help younger children with assembly.
- You need some space and decent weather to play with this toy.
Good kites are under-rated toys. There’s something hard-wired in most boys that makes he want to fly a kite on a warm, sunny day. This kite makes that easy enough for 3 year olds.
The design makes it surprisingly easy to get – and stay -airborne. It won’t entertain your children for multiple hours at a time, but they will continue to come back to this toy as they grow through the years. The colorful pattern will bring a smile to both you and your child’s face.
- A versatile tent structure with 4 tunnels, 2 tepee tents, and 2 square tents.
- Setting it up is easy and is stored in the storage bag included in the package.
- Tie-downs could break with aggressive tunnel crawling by older kids.
Toddlers would love playing in the UTEX 8 in 1 Play Tent with the connected tents and tunnels. It’s almost like a little village or a maze. Four tunnels connect two square houses and two tents. Build it in a square or a line or connect only a few pieces.
There are enough openings for ventilation or to climb in or out. The tepee tent has a window and a door, and the square house’s opening is on the roof. Hours of imaginative play and adventurous games will take place inside the tunnels and tents.
No tools needed to set up the structure. The play tent for kids meets ASTM-F963 safety standards and CA 65
- Encourages exploration of the world around us – kids will love heading outdoors with this toy.
- Meant to be handled by litle boy, they are less sensitive to damage by drops than adult binoculars.
- Your 3 year old will find many ways to work this toy into creative play.
- Not very powerful magnification (2x) – but wide field of view.
- Adults won’t get much use out of them since they are built for a 3 year old’s eye-to-eye width.
These brightly-colored binoculars are built from the ground up for pre-schoolers looking to explore nature in the world around them. The eye pieces are oversized and focus-free meaning your 3 year old will be able to pick them up and begin using them immediately. The break-away neck strap makes sure no toddler is hurt accidentally by a wrapped strap.
This toy allows children to emulate their adult role-models when out on a hike or bird-watching, without you having to fear they might damage an expensive pair of optics. Meant to handle drops and bumps from a boy, they should last through months and years of use.
Did I mention they list for $15? You can often find them on sale as well. An affordable gift for any Age::.
Helps To Develop: “Outside Play, Exploration, Role Playing”
- Scaled for younger children – won’t be too hard to master.
- Easy to assemble and use – just step on and try to stay standing!
- Small size and play area means it’s great to use almost anywhere.
- One of the better toys for 3 year old boys.
- While well-made, most children over 7 will be too large to comfortably use. Therefore the lifespan is limited.
- Small toddlers might need some help using this toy.
We all want our 3 year old boys to be active and moving. This balance board not only accomplishes getting them up off the couch, but they’ll have fun and improve their balance at the same time!
Made of a sturdy wood construction, your 3 year old will be able to entertain themselves for hours inside the house and out. It’s great to use while doing another activity – having your child use it while watching TV is one example.
The best balance board toys are not only fun to play with, but they also help to develop spatial awareness, balance, and coordination. In addition, there is research that using balance boards can help increase attention span and focusing ability in children.
Our Process For Selecting The Best Toys For 3 year old boys
We spend weeks writing all of our toy review and gift guides. We know you rely on our input, and we take that trust seriously. Our writers and editors have spent approximately hours researching and testing the most popular toys for 3 year old boys that you can find on the market in July 2020.
All of this time and resources are spent to bring this toy guide to you – we’ve put in the time to make sure our recommendations are ones you can trust.
We also update these lists daily. That’s because we don’t want to provide you with toys that are no longer in-stock – a gift you can’t buy isn’t worth much to you, no matter how cool it might be. We have reviewed many more toys than we list in this guide – and many of them are good but not quite as great as the ones that made the cut.
As toys move in and out of stock, the list will change. We want this list to help you get the best toys you can for your 3 year old this Holiday season.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gifts and Toys for 3-Year-Old Boys
Do age recommendations matter when choosing a toy for a 3-year-old boy?
Yes. Age recommendations make it easier to pick a toy, especially if you’re not sure what would be the perfect toy for a 3-year-old boy. If friends and family want to buy your son a toy, the age recommendation helps them to purchase a toy that he will most probably enjoy. Without the guidance of age-appropriate toys, your child may receive toys that are too complex or too easy for him. He won’t play with those toys.
Another benefit of age recommendation is the safety aspect. Toddlers of three-years and younger may stick small objects in their mouths. Choking may cause a dangerous and even life-threatening situation for your baby boy. Older boys’ toys may contain small pieces or parts that come loose, which could be a choking hazard. Therefore, if your child is mature for his age, be mindful of choking hazards when buying a toy in an older age group.
What kind of toy will my 3-year-old boy like?
By this time, your three-year-old son has already indicated what he likes and what he is not interested in. He probably has favorite toys, which are a great indication of what kind of toys to buy him for his birthday, Christmas and other festive occasions. If he doesn’t necessarily have a favorite toy, he may have shown his interests in different ways, e.g., stacking and building things, painting, or drawing, or maybe he loves cars and trucks.
Enlarge your toddler’s world by introducing him to new kinds of toys. It stimulates him to try new things. He will benefit from the rewards in discovering new things, and it teaches him not to be afraid of the unknown or change. New types of toys might develop other interests and skills he wouldn’t have known about if he wasn’t exposed to it through toys.
Three-year-old boys have lots of energy they need to channel somehow. Toys that inspire physical activity may be the solution and teach him a healthy, active lifestyle from a young age.
Is my three-year-old son too young for educational toys?
No, your precious three-year-old boy isn’t too young for educational toys, but playing should be fun also. Educational toys help develop and strengthen essential development skills. These types of toys may improve your child’s muscle development, hand-coordination, cognitive skills, and creative thinking.
As a 3-year-old, your boy has lots to learn. At that age, he is like a sponge, absorbing everything in his young world and environment. It’s a perfect opportunity to give him toys to play with that are educational too.
Educational toys may give your toddler a head-start in preschool. Leaving home and going to ‘school’ may sound like fun, but for many kids, it is traumatic to discover the unknown away from the safe home environment. Playing with educational toys has introduced your son to concepts he will learn in preschool. He may approach preschool with more confidence because he is already familiar with the principles they teach. It may help him with the transitioning phase if everything isn’t strange to him.
Your toddler may not have shown interest in sports, but educational toys that enhanced physical activity could be a game-changer. Taking part in physical activities in preschool would be natural to him because it’s already part of his lifestyle. He may be more inclined and enthusiastic to participate in new group activities and friendly competitions.
How do I pick the right educational toy for my son?
All educational toys aren’t equal. An educational toy for a three-year-old boy is designed to stimulate specific skills your young son needs to develop as a three-year-old. Generally, educational toys help improve motor skills, soft skills, cognitive skills, and creative thinking. Most toys focus on particular skills and not all the skills.
Therefore, when you choose an educational toy for your son, bear in mind the skills the toy will stimulate and strengthen compared to your son’s development stage. If your son is already strong in a particular ability, he will be bored in playing with a type of toy he has already mastered.
For example, if your kid is great in completing jigsaw puzzles, jigsaw puzzles in his age group may bore him. He’ll have more fun being challenged with a jigsaw puzzle in an older age group. The opposite is also true. If you would like your child to strengthen a skill, but the toys in his age group are too tricky for him, start with a toy for a younger child until he has mastered it. Then introduce the educational toy appropriate for his age.
Why should I buy a STEM toy for my son?
You may think it’s too soon to contemplate about your son’s career, and you’re probably right. STEM toys, however, will give your child an advantage and prepare him for the future. STEM is an acronym for science, technology, engineering, and math. Some add arts into the equation, and then the acronym is STEAM.
When your son is old enough for a job, the career he may choose probably doesn’t exist yet. A science background may help shape your kid’s future. STEM toys for 3-year-old boys stimulate and improve hand-eye coordination, divergent thinking, and innovative thinking. The world will need pioneers, scientists, and people who can think out of the box to solve the issues they will face in the future. STEM toys may start your son on such a path.
Are reading and other language skills critical as a three-year-old boy?
Reading books to your son may stimulate the love of reading. It may inspire the desire to learn to read, which will benefit him at preschool. He may be too young to practice all four language skills, but he is old enough to start developing some. When you read stories, your 3-year-old toddler learns to listen, especially if the stories are fascinating. He is already babbling and learning to speak understandable words and sentences.
He may be too young to read, but as he develops, he may recognize letters in his favorite books and on-street and store signs. Writing will soon follow, although he may think his scribbling is writing. Games, books, and educational toys help with letter and number recognition. When he is having fun with letters, he may not have objections and obstacles when he is learning to read.