It’s fun to shop for gifts for three year old girls. They are more like “little big” people as their personalities are blooming. It wasn’t that long ago that they couldn’t communicate, and you were essentially guessing at what they liked and disliked.
Of course, this depends on you living close enough to know your 3 year old amiga well. That’s not the case for many of us, which makes shopping more difficult.
If this is your situation, we’ve got your back. We’ve written this gift guide to help you out. Inside, we have high-quality, solid toys your young child will love. All have a high “replay” value – meaning they will be used for many months or even years of play. We’ve also included a guide to selecting age-appropriate toys for both boys and girls in case you want to go to the store and shop on your own.
Our Rundown of the Top Toys For Three Year Old Girls
- KiwiCo does a great job making the projects age-appropriate for your 3 year old.
- Develops hand-eye coordination and critical thinking in every box.
- You can feel the quality in the sturdiness of each project piece. Your girl won’t easily break these pieces.
- Your child will be learning while having a great time creating. That’s what makes is one of the best toys for 3 year old girls.
- Not every kit has great replay value – but you get a new crate every month.
- Parents need to be involved when creating the projects.
The Koala Crate by Kiwico is a great way to keep your 3 year old girl engaged throughout the year. This isn’t one toy – instead you buy a three or six month subscription and “crates” are delivered throughout the year. Parents and children work together to create the project for the month and then play with it afterward. We’ve reviewed quite a few over the years – and our reviewer families have raved about how these crates have provided hours of quality parent-child bonding time.
The subject of the kits varies – but you’ll find a parental guide, board book and creative materials for 2-3 projects inside each toy box. The toy projects are fun to play with after you build them – but not all of them have a long life of replayability. Some do, but for others, the creation process is where the fun is at. That’s the genius of these subscription box gifts – even if a child isn’t stoked about a particular crate, there’s a new one to explore coming in a few short weeks.
- Made in the USA of BPA-free, recycled milk jugs.
- Easy to clean – it’s dishwasher safe so cleanup is a breeze!
- Your 3 year old girl will build both fine and gross motor skills playing with this set.
- Great for tub play as well.
- Built to last for years of play.
- You pay extra for the Earth-friendly construction.
If your young ::age:: girl is looking for a toy tea set to go along with tea time, the Green Toys Tea Set is a great choice. she can play while being nice to the environment at the same time. You see, these tea cups, pots, plates, creamer and sugar bowl are all made of food-grade recycled materials. This is awesome because it means you can actually drink from the set without worrying about hot water melting plastic or leeching and undesirable chemicals.
This tea set is wonderful. The toy items are sturdy while still being small enough for little hand’s to easily handle. It is safe to eat and drink from, washes easily, and quite resistant to scratches and blemishes. Some people aren’t aware that toy manufacturers now have to put little holes to prevent suffocation in any toy a young girl might jam in their mouth. The sugar bowl is the one in this set with the holes – so if you pour a powder in the bowl, it won’t stay there!
These cups are kid-sized, not doll-sized – so they’ll be able to drink more than a sip when playing make-believe. It’s one of the best tea sets out there for kids!
- Made in the USA.
- Easy to store – just fold it up and put it away
- Constructed of hard plastic for years of use.
- Great for 3 year old girls that weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Quick assembly time.
- Made for both inside and outside play.
- The more adventurous children among us may become bored with this slide as they get older.
- More expensive than no-name branded slides. You pay for the Little Tykes brand quality.
Sometimes the weather isn’t good enough to take your child out for playground fun. With the Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide you can bring the outside fun indoors! This toy is portable – just fold the slide up and easily move it indoors or out.
It’s sturdy enough that you don’t need to worry about your girl tipping this toy over on accident. There’s a wide base and a low center of gravity. The sides of the stairs are a perfect handrail for little hands. Stuffed animals like riding this slide almost as much as little girls!
- There’s nothing better for gaining balance skills to prepare for a “big-girl” bike.
- Looks very similar to bikes ridden by Mom and Dad.
- Provides age-appropriate mobility so she can explore the world.
- No flat tires and limited moving parts make for easy maintenance for parents.
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination and improve motor skills for your 3 year old.
- Not everyone loves the ride of no-air tires due to harder ride.
- The foot rest may rub against the smallest riders feet and ankles depending on their form.
A balance bike is a great choice for your girl that has places to be! Unlike many tricycle or regular bikes, balance bikes don’t have pedals. Instead, kids use their feet to push around “Flintstones-style”. This is much easier for a 3 year old to master, and helps to quickly develop the balance skills needed to graduate to a regular bicycle.
This bike is adjustable so your child will be able to use it as girl ages. she will likely move to a real bike long before outgrowing this toy.
This model is especially nice because of it’s low center of gravity – it’s easier to control. Most children over 6 will be too big for this balance bike, but it will depend on the height and skill of the individual girl. Each child grows differently.
- Provides sturdy support as your 3 year old begins to learn to walk.
- Colorful construction and entertaining lights and sounds make it a great toy on it’s own.
- Very easy assembly will get your girl up and playing in no time.
- Wheels add traction on almost any indooor surface – including wood floors and carpets.
- Does every toy have to have lights and sounds :)
- The phone is small enough that it’s VERY easy to lose. Keep an eye on it.
Build those motor skills and have fun at the same time! Your 3 year old girl can find she balance and get up and walking while using this toy. It’s not just a walker, but also a stand-alone toy when you remove the play panel from the wheels. There are bright colors, a wide variety of animals and shapes and other distractions for your 3 year old to have a blast! There’s even a phone – no rotary dial on this model like you might remember from your childhood though.
Once your 3 year old girl is mobile, this walker really shines. It’s easy to push and provides nice support as she begins the journey to walking. There are two settings on the wheels so if it’s moving too fast or slow for their age, make the necessary adjustments. Do remember the batteries to power all the lights and sounds – unless you need a break of course!
- This plush toy is SOFT….REALLY soft! Your 3 year old will love holding it.
- The animation will keep your young child entertained for a long time.
- It’s a great gift your girl will remember as she grows up.
- There isn’t a lot of variety in the song (there’s only one) – but children at this age don’t seem to mind.
- It’s only surface washable due to the electronics.
Every child LOVES a stuffed animal, and the Baby GUND Flora The Bunny is the top toys for 3 year old girls for a reason. To begin with, it’s really soft. Your young one will absolutely love to hug and snuggle with Flora because of the way it feels.
Since it’s made by GUND, there’s 120 years of tradition and craftsmanship at work that you can see in this toy. They know how to make safe toys for infants – and the Flora The Bunny toy doesn’t disappoint.
Once you flip the switch, Flora comes to life. There are two modes your infant girl will come to adore. The first is a game of interactive “Peek-A-Boo”. No child this age can resist peek-a-boo, and Flora is very good at playing it. If her other foot is pressed, the bunny will sing a cute rendition of “Do Your Ears Hang Low.” She’ll also move her ears – your kid will love it.
In fact, the only real downside to this toy is you’ll eventually know all the words by heart because most children don’t tire of repeating the play and song, over and over. Luckily, it’s not TOO loud.
- Easily fits two to three children for great social interactions.
- Nonlinear nature of impromptu shows gives high replay value.
- One of the best toys for developing story-telling ability.
- Doesn’t fold up for storage – an issue if space is tight.
- It’s strictly BYOP – Bring Your Own Puppets.
Your future Oscar winners will love to put their imagination into overdrive when playing with this sturdy puppet theater. The idea of a “stage” allows their creative juices to flow. 3 year old can take turns creating skits or watching their friends – either way it’s a load of fun.
It doesn’t take long to assemble, and is made of high-quality wood- meaning it should survive through years of play. Expect to see your youngsters coming back to this toy time and time again.
What We Like About The Melissa & Doug Puppet Theater
- Molded-design means no assembly time – and makes it really easy to clean.
- Built for toddlers – so safety is a primary concern
- Doesn’t make a ton of noise + a lot of fun for your little girl? What’s not to love!
- Made in the USA.
- While rated for 50 lbs, your child will likely outgrow it before that.
- Does a rocking horse really need an Alexa skill enabled?
This classic toy is brought into the 21st century! The Little Tykes Rocking Horse is given a modern look but still retains it’s spectacularly simple design. The entire horse is made in one color, with soft edges to prevent injuries from inevitable falls and spills. It looks really cool too!
It’s made of a high-quality, hardy plastic that should mean your girl will outgrow this rocking horse before it begins to show signs of age. The rocking angle isn’t as steep as a toy for older kids – and that’s the way you want it for your 3 year old.
You can take this toy outside or play with inside – it’s made for both. The simple construction means it’s easy to clean, which is why it’s one of the best toys for 3 year old girl.
- Self-propelled nature of toy both builds up muscle development and helps to burn off energy in your 3 year old.
- While relatively easy to use, there is some skill needed to spin fast. This helps to keep the replay value high.
- In simplest terms: Most girls think it’s really fun to spin.
- Really only appropriate for girls who can move about on their own – so you’ll need to judge if your child is ready.
- Not every kid likes to get dizzy. Most parents don’t like to clean up after children that don’t like to get dizzy. :)
The Playskool Sit ‘n Spin is a fun toy geared towards girls developed enough to sit up on their own. Children control their speed through their own arm power, which both allows them to control the speed and burn off tons of energy at the same time. This is especially helpful when kids are cooped up inside during winter months without many outlets for pent-up ::gender::-power. While it’s simple, it is extremely fun. It’s definitely one of the best toys for 3 year old girl.
This isn’t a new toy – I played with and loved one of these as a child myself. They last for many years, and kids will play with them from the pre-2 age all the way up to 6-7 years old.
- Projects are fun both to build and play with afterwards.
- Building provides a great opportunity to bond with your 3 year old girl.
- High-quality construction means projects should last as least as long as your girl is interested in it.
- The company is very interested in customer service. Their phone number is on every product.
- There is some assembly required to put together this dollhouse toy.
- While well constructed, you do pay a premium for the quality.
This Melissa & Doug Hi-Rise Wooden dollhouse is no McMansion! Your daughter will delight in making pretend-play families drive into the garage, ride the elevator upstairs, and feel right at home in this modern three-level house. Bright colors and patterns add a lively edge to the natural wooden frame, and open sides make it easy to access every room and share the fun with brothers, sisters, and friends.
The set comes with three play people and 15 pieces of furniture, but your child can bring their own figures to share in the fun. This toy is for play dates with other kids. If you are looking to give your young girl ways to avoid screen time – you’ve found a great antidote.
- Large selection of instruments means more hours of play and exploration for your 3 year old.
- Multiple toys enable sharing and playing with others.
- Builds hand-eye coordination which is important at this age.
- Very reasonably priced for what you get.
- You and your 3 year old girl’s idea of “music” are sure to differ. Prepare yourself with earplugs beforehand. :)
Twenty-four months is the earliest most girls express interest in playing with musical instruments. Satisfy that creative curiosity with this set of musical instruments. You’ll get maracas, a xylophone, blocks, a drum and sleigh bells with this set. You’ll also appreciate the carrying bag – it’s great to store the instruments when needed, and will come in handy when you take them for a play date or overnight trip.
The wide range of instruments give your 3 year old a chance to explore different sounds and styles of musical play. The variety also helps to prevent toy boredom and burnout. As your young girl ages and begins to socialize more, having numerous instruments available provides an easy means to share with other children.
- Worry-free guarantee means you don’t need to worry about giving your 3 year old a mini-computer that she likely will end up finding a way to break.
- Great for trips, plane rides, or other times a child needs to entertain themselves without being able to move around.
- Included subscription includes a wide variety of children’s books to read – it’s not all fun and games!
- If you haven’t already bought into the Amazon “Co-Prosperity Sphere” of content, you’ll need to – it’s not worth much without the content Amazon provides.
- Amazon parental controls take a little time to learn how to use effectively.
Want to get your 3 year old a tablet, but afraid of quickly they might break it? The Fire 7 Kids Edition is a great tablet for you.
You get a powerful 7-inch tablet in a kid-proof stand – made for little girls hands to be able to grasp easily. The included year of Amazon Free Time provides access to age-appropriate apps, games, books and content from names you know, like PBS Kids, Disney and Nickelodeon. Parental controls leave you in charge of what your 3 year old watches.
And since kids will be kids…if she ends up breaking this Kindle during the first two years by dropping, stomping, spilling, throwing or the multitude of other ways kids break toys, you can simply return it to Amazon to get a replacement. That’s the worry-free guarantee.
These devices come with 16GB of internal storage, but you’ll likely want to invest in an SD card to give you some more space to save content for your child. Prices on flash memory have dropped so much you’ll be amazed how much storage you’ll be able to get for cheap.
- Perfect for exploring a bit away from home – yet not too far!
- Great for your 3 year old to keep up with adults on walks around the neighborhood.
- Different colors are available so she can express her unique style.
- While better than most scooters, small wheel sizes can get caught on smaller potholes and rocks.
- The scooter is pretty stable, but a helmet is a must!
This scooter from Radio Flyer will allow your 3 year old girl to get outside and explore the world. At her age, she’s ready to head down the driveway and onto the sidewalks – to get a little taste of independence while still under the protective eye of adults.
It’s constructed of high-quality materials so it should last. The handlebars are adjustable so there is some room for the toy to grow with her. The three-wheel design adds much more stability than you’d find in a normal 2 wheel scooter. The Lean-to-Steer technology is unique. Your daughter will lean to a side with the handlebars and the wheels will turn. This helps to prevent oversteering that can lead to falls on other toys.
While the wheels are much bigger than some other scooters, she’ll still need to be aware of some rocks and cracks.
- Adjustable height means it will grow with your girl.
- Folds down easily for quick storage.
- The different sizes of chalk and markers help develop fine motor skills.
- A great way to share a love of drawing with friends or family.
- This toy requires assembly which can be a deal breaker for some.
If your child is stoked to draw but you don’t want the hassle of buying and throwing away reams of artwork-filled paper, this easel is for you. Both the chalkboard and dry-erase sides are erasable – so when your artist moves on to a new work the board will follow. It can be used on both sides at teh same time so your girl can use this toy to play with a friend at the same time.
The adjustable height is a great feature – your child will be able to use this for years to come without having to hunch over to draw. It comes with chalk and an eraser, along with a brush – but you’ll want to make sure you get more chlak on your own. With how fun this toy is, you’ll need it!
What We Like About The NextX Kids Adjustable Easel
- Double sports focus will keep your 3 year old girl entertained for longer.
- Provides an age-appropriate level of challenge so it’s a fun experience for your child.
- Great early introduction to some organized sports.
- Won’t break the bank – great gift for well under $50.
- While there are 50 rotating phrases used by this toy, it won’t feel like that many to you as the parent.
- It’s not a toy that will grow with your girl toddler.
This multisport setup will satisfy even the most demanding junior jock. Containing both a basketball hoop and a soccer net, your 3 year old child will enjoy hours of play while building up their motor skills and coordination.
Most girls love the bright lights and sounds of the scoreboard. There’s a ton of praise being given through the electronic speakers as well. It’s easy to pretend play about shooting the winning goal in front of a huge crowd with the electronic encouragement this toy provides.
- Great toy to inspire imaginatively and role-playing for girls.
- Big enough for 3 year old children to play with but stores easily.
- Perfect for playdates – many kids can comfortably play together at once.
- Solid construction means this should outlast your child’s interest in it.
- You will need to assemble this toy. Be prepared with a power drill to save yourself time and anguish.
- You might notice the lack of counter space – your child probably could care less!
Most 3 year olds are fascinated by the kitchen, and how it’s the realm of “big people”. Now you can get your child their own pretend kitchen to work and play in!
This play-set comes with everything a young girl needs to play house. There’s a playset, along with cookware, dishes and a recycle bin. You’ll find 20 pieces when you buy this toy.
While role-play is very important to preschool children, you’ll also help develop their relationship skills since this kitchen is great for inviting friends to play.
- Toys provides the durability and stability of wood construction
- Every cube face has a new activity to play with – like 5 toys in one.
- Colorful toy will keep your 3 year old entertained for hours at a time!
- Expect this toys for 3 year old girl to be one handed down to future children in your family.
- It’s a pretty sizable cube; you’ll need some space to store this toy in your playroom.
- Some of the toys on the sides aren’t for the youngest children – they won’t know what to do with them.
You’ve probably seen similar cubes at dentist and doctor offices in the past – but this cube is yours! This farm-themed wooden activity cube is not only 5 different toys in one; it’s also a great toy for your girl to pull themselves up as they learn to stand and walk. It’s very solidly made – it’s a heavy toy since it’s made of wood. Most 3 year old kids will have fun developing their motor skills as they open doors, move beads up and around poles and interact with a multitude of other activities built-in to this cube.
Some of the sides are meant for slightly older children – you may have to get involved and show your younger child how to use them depending on their age. They will grow into the activities over time. Little hands will get a great workout grasping and moving pieces all around the cube.
- Easy to control and get into the air – but still helps to build patience.
- Flight control builds hand-eye coordination to keep the kite soaring in the air.
- You need to get outside to use this toy – and 3 year old girl will!
- You’ll need to help younger children with assembly.
- You need some space and decent weather to play with this toy.
Good kites are under-rated toys. There’s something hard-wired in most girls that makes she want to fly a kite on a warm, sunny day. This kite makes that easy enough for 3 year olds.
The design makes it surprisingly easy to get – and stay -airborne. It won’t entertain your children for multiple hours at a time, but they will continue to come back to this toy as they grow through the years. The colorful pattern will bring a smile to both you and your child’s face.
Our Process For Selecting The Best Toys And Gifts For 3 year old girls
We spend weeks writing all of our toy review and gift guides. We know you rely on our input, and we take that trust seriously. Our writers and editors have spent approximately 24 hours researching and testing the most popular toys for 3 year old girls that you can find on the market in February 2021.
All of this time and resources are spent to bring this toy guide to you – we’ve put in the time to make sure our recommendations are ones you can trust.
We also update these lists daily. That’s because we don’t want to provide you with toys that are no longer in-stock – a gift you can’t buy isn’t worth much to you, no matter how cool it might be. We have reviewed many more toys than we list in this guide – and many of them are good but not quite as great as the ones that made the cut.
As toys move in and out of stock, the list will change. We want this list to help you get the best toys you can for your 3 year old this Holiday season.
Frequently Asked Questions About Toys for Three-Year-Old Girls
Is my three-year-old girl ready for her first Barbie or similar type of dolls?
It depends on what you mean by being ready for a Barbie doll. Manufacturers label the recommended age for Barbies as from three years old and up. It means that there aren’t any pieces that may be a choking hazard for a three-year-old toddler. It also means that she is ready to play with a Barbie type of doll but perhaps not to its full potential.
To a three-year-old girl, playing with Barbie means carrying her around, pretend-playing, and even undressing her. She doesn’t necessarily yet have the fine motor skills to dress her Barbie again. Perhaps she doesn’t also have the desire to dress and undress her Barbie. Messing up the doll’s hair is much more fun. Your three-year-old is quite happy in dressing herself in mismatches clothes; she’s not into dressing the Barbie. If the doll’s hair survives your three-year-old, the Barbie will still be part of her toys next year too.
Should I be worried because my three-year-old doesn’t want to be a princess? Don’t all little girls want to be princesses?
Each child is unique and has her interests, likes, and dislikes. Not all little girls want to be a princess. Neither is every woman in the adult world a princess. Some wish they were, but others aren’t interested in that type of lifestyle.
If your little girl prefers to be an astronaut, a scientist, a baker, or mimicking mommy, why not? She is as cute as an astronaut as she would’ve been as a princess. Besides, there aren’t any witches or stepmothers that could destroy your little girl’s space career.
What is the best toy for three-year-old girls?
The best toy for any child is always the type of toy that interests her. If you’re not sure what to buy your three-year-old daughter as a gift, take her shopping. She will soon enough indicate to you what type of toys fascinates her. She may even find a new interest with a kind of toy she hasn’t played with yet.
Imaginative toys like dolls, dress-ups, grownup replica items, puppets, baking, and toy foods may stimulate your little girl’s creativity and imagination. Little girls have active imaginations, and most toys may inspire pretend play, which is suitable for her development.
A picture book she can turn the pages of or a bedtime storybook is one of the best gifts for three-year-old girls. Books are always great gifts for children and adults. Introducing your little girl to books creates the desire to become a lifelong reader.
Three-year-old girls and boys are improving and strengthening their gross and finer motor skills. Balance bikes and scooters are great toys to help them accomplish that.
When should I start buying educational toys?
The youngest age recommendation for educational toys is four to six months. Kids are curious and like to discover and learn new things presented to them in their environment. Toys are designed to help develop a child’s skill in a specific age group. Most toys at young ages are educational toys in the sense that almost everything stimulates toddlers and young kids’ curiosity.
When buying a toy at the recommended age, you are helping your child develop the skills that are milestones for that age group. Educational toys for three-year-old may help improve their fine and gross motor skills, help with emotional development, creativity, and imagination. Her curiosity may overlap into the ultimate “Why” question. Books, for example, are one of the best toys for three-year-old girls to feed their curiosity with exciting facts and answer some of the “why” questions.
Should I focus on teaching my daughter numbers and words?
Three-year-old children are old enough to start learning numbers and letters. There are wonderful toys that may teach and help her memorize letters and numbers. Although you, as a parent, may encourage these skills, it isn’t crucial for her to know the numbers and alphabet. It’s a bonus but shouldn’t be the priority in your or her life.
Developing patience and embracing social skills are as crucial for your three-year-old to learn. Educational toys that encourage and assist her in the learning process are far more valuable than memorizing numbers. Familiarizing her with educational toys creates a lifelong habit of exploring, learning, and discovering new things.
Can my daughter play with boys’ toys and vice versa?
The secret of selecting the best gift for a three-year-old girl or boy is to buy them what they like. If the little girl likes dolls, then buy her more dolls. If she likes trucks, LEGO, dressing up, then buy her the type of toys that satisfy her interest.
It is more critical to buy age recommended toys for your girl than sticking to a girl only toys. Most toys for three-year-olds are designed to help develop skills for that age. Manufacturers also follow safety guidelines relevant to specific age groups. Toys for three-year-old girls and boys shouldn’t have small pieces or parts that can come loose that could be a choking hazard. The toys should also be comfortable to grip in the tiny hands of a toddler.
How do I know a three-year-old girl will like the toy before I spend money purchasing the gift?
The toys we selected on the list are some of the best toys for three-year-old girls. We categorized the toys to make it easy to determine the type of toy. If you know what kind of toys the little girl likes to play with, then you should find a great toy for her in the toy guide. For example, if she likes playing outdoors and enjoys physical activity, the balancing bike may be an excellent gift for her.
If you are buying a birthday gift for a little girl, you don’t know that well, purchasing a toy that satisfies her curiosity or stimulates imaginative play may be a good pick. If you’re totally at a loss in what to gift a three-year-old, give her a book.