No Time? Here's Our Top 5 Gifts and Toys For 11 Yr Old Girls
- Perfect gift for kids that love to paint, draw, or show other artistic traits.
- Projects can be completed in a weekend so they don’t have to dominate your house.
- This crate introduces unique crafting materials and interesting techniques.
- Non-traditional gift can be perfect for kids that crave their uniqueness.
- Not all kids will be interested in these projects – you’ll know if it’s right for your girl.
- Crates are given out randomly so there’s no guarantee which project you’ll get next month. Can be good or bad.
The Doodle Crate makes our best toy and gift list for 11 year olds because it’s different than the average gift. It’s not for every young adult, but those with an artistic bent will really appreciate your thoughtfulness once they receive it.
Every month, a “crate” is mailed to your child. Inside are numerous projects based around the theme of the month. It’s not just painting or drawing – projects require working in different materials including wood, clay, and resins. Different styles of artistic expression are explored each month. There are also written and video resources provided to allow inclined kids to explore the subject more thoroughly.
Not every 11 year old girl will love this gift – but it’s the perfect gift for the kid that’s shown an interest in art in the past. I know in my family, my youngest son had a blast working on his project. I’m confident your creative kid will enjoy the Doodle Crate as well.
- The Dobson style means it is much smaller and portable than refractor telescopes.
- This is a serious scope – it will last for many years with proper care.
- Can add additional lenses to see even more universal detail.
- While a younger child could use this, this isn’t meant to be abused. Keep close supervision on younger brothers and sisters.
- No real instructions provided in the box, but plenty available online.
Ever used a telescope and thought “Big Deal”? That’s usually because the images you see aren’t coming in very bright.
When your child has outgrown a more toy-like telescope and is ready to step up to an adult-level, quality tool, the Orion 10014 Skyquest XT is a perfect fit. Due to the much larger aperture, this telescope producers images over 260% brighter than your run-of-the-mill starter telescopes. That means they will be able to see hundreds of more objects from the night sky.
The Dobsonian style means it’s more compact, so it’s easier to transport. Just be careful when moving it. It’s not a toy – it’s not meant to take too much abuse. Try this telescope out, and view the moon – or Venus – and see if you still think “Big Whoop”!
- Parental controls help protect children online.
- Matches almost every room decor.
- Works great for music and audiobooks, along with being an alarm in the morning.
- Can be used as an intercom system to talk to the kids in their room.
- Has a off button for the microphone for times you want to ensure no one is listening.
- Not everyone is comfortable inviting listening devices for outside corporations into their home.
- Need FreeTime subscription to enable all the kid-friendly options.
If you are looking for a way for your 11 year old to have access to music, stories and alarm functions without having to take out a second mortgage, this device is great for you! The Amazon Echo is quite amazing – the sky is the limit to what it can do when you install additional “skills”. You can set it up to voice control your music – streaming music is available from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Sirius XM, and others. The Echo will answer questions, control your lights (if you have a a smart home), and work with other Echo’s around the home as a intercom system from room to room. There’s more, but I only have so much room in this review. :)
When paired with Amazon Free Time, the Echo becomes the top smart speaker for kids. Why? You can use the Amazon Parent Dashboard to enforce time limits, content filters and more so your children are only exposed to age-appropriate content at times you want. 11 year old girls need to learn how to use technology instead of being ruled by it – you can help them by setting reasonable usage limits.
You are inviting a listening device into your home (which should make you at least a LITTLE uncomfortable) – but the mechanical On-Off button means regardless of Amazon’s promises, you can make sure certain conversations stay private in your home. The speaker quality is good for the size – but you’ll need two for stereo sound. For the price of almost any toy your 11 year old would want, it’s a great gift.
- Jumping helps your 11 year old girl develop muscles and balance while burning off energy.
- Tramp comes with a long list of safety features to make jumping as safe as it can be.
- Your kid’s friends will always be over at your place when you are the ‘trampoline house’.
- Parents need to supervise play – there are dangers involved if instructions aren’t followed.
- This isn’t a small toy. You need to have dedicated space in your backyard to set up and jump.
As we mentioned in our outdoor trampolines review, we think this toy is a winner. Safety is a prime concern in the design of this model. It’s so important, Skywalker has made sure this model exceeds all American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) requirements.
We like the ‘W’ supports – they give more stability to the trampoline. The padded poles and enclosure net are well-made and help to keep your 11 year old is safe. The basketball hoop is a nice touch – it has a breakaway rim and even comes with 2 basketballs. It’ll keep your children and friends entertained for hours at a time. A great gift.
- Active noise cancellation makes them great for car or air travel.
- Long battery life means they can be used all-day.
- Fold-able for easy storage
- Also comes with a 3.5mm cord for wired use.
- While better for noise reduction, ear-cup design can make some ears uncomfortable.
- Plastic headband designs are nearly always weaker than metal ones. These won’t be indestructible.
Everyone likes to listen to their music, videos and games with a good set of headphones. These active noise-cancelling headphones are a good deal for the price. You get dual microphone cancellation technology, along with the option of either using a Bluetooth or wired connection to your device. That’s nice because kids (and adults) will forget to charge these headphones on occasion, but you’ll still be able to use them.
These aren’t going to compete with $400 headphones – but at well under $100 you’ll have trouble finding anything better. The plastic headband is well made, but might eventually break if you have a large head. A nice hard case will help ensure your girl doesn’t accidentally break the headphones by stepping on them.
I like the noise-canceling feature because it’s really handy when trying to study or traveling by plane – and with how well constructed these headphones are your child will likely end up having a chance to do both while owning them. They also function as a headset for talking on the phone as well.
- Quick enough to be fun, but not as fast as some bigger models.
- Soon will become a child favorite for expressing growing independence
- Will last for years with proper maintenance.
- Easy to transport – handlebars detach easily with a tool.
- The handbrake by itself can be inadequate – so teach your child to steer out of harms way along with braking.
- Your child needs to be mature enough to understand the road laws in your area to use this toy.
Electric scooters for kids are a fast and simple way to get around. The Razor E100 Electric Scooter is a nice tradeoff of speed and handling for a 11 year old rider. You’ll get a scooter, battery and battery charger all included in the box. Assembly is minimal – just charge up the scooter overnight and go.
Since this scooter can go as fast as 10 mph, it’s a good idea to find a protected area for your girl to practice. It’s not quite like riding a bike – it will take a little while to master. Check your local laws to see if it’s legal to ride on the street near the curb or on the sidewalk. Different towns have different rules – and unless you want to give your kid an introduction to the legal system at this age, it’s better to find out ahead of time!
The build is solid. Younger and smaller riders will be able to easily fit both feet side-by-side on the base. Length or riding time will depend on how many hills you ride, how much your child weighs, and how hard they ride – but 30 – 50 mins seems to be about average before needing a charge.
- Worry-free guarantee means you don’t need to worry about giving your 11 year old a mini-computer that she likely will end up finding a way to break.
- Great for trips, plane rides, or other times a child needs to entertain themselves without being able to move around.
- Included subscription includes a wide variety of children’s books to read – it’s not all fun and games!
- If you haven’t already bought into the Amazon “Co-Prosperity Sphere” of content, you’ll need to – it’s not worth much without the content Amazon provides.
- Amazon parental controls take a little time to learn how to use effectively.
Want to get your 11 year old a tablet, but afraid of quickly they might break it? The Fire 7 Kids Edition is a great tablet for you.
You get a powerful 7-inch tablet in a kid-proof stand – made for little girls hands to be able to grasp easily. The included year of Amazon Free Time provides access to age-appropriate apps, games, books and content from names you know, like PBS Kids, Disney and Nickelodeon. Parental controls leave you in charge of what your 11 year old watches.
And since kids will be kids…if she ends up breaking this Kindle during the first two years by dropping, stomping, spilling, throwing or the multitude of other ways kids break toys, you can simply return it to Amazon to get a replacement. That’s the worry-free guarantee.
These devices come with 16GB of internal storage, but you’ll likely want to invest in an SD card to give you some more space to save content for your child. Prices on flash memory have dropped so much you’ll be amazed how much storage you’ll be able to get for cheap.
- The included cloak is an EXACT replica of the movie prop on display in the official Warner Bros studio tour in London.
- It’s going to be THE GIFT for Harry Potter fans in 2020.
- The cloak, standalone, is of nice construction. The added invisibility effect is a nice addition!
- Phone must be still in the tripod to get the “invisible” effect to work.
- Deluxe version is nice and completely true to the movie, but can be a bit pricey. The standard version doesn’t include the tripod either.
What kid hasn’t at some point wanted to be invisible? I know I thought the Invisibility Cloak from the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone would have awesome to own. And now you can!
This 2020 Toy of the Year finalist is an exciting augmented reality toy. This official Warner Bros. Invisibility cloak costume perfectly replicates the cloak from the Harry Potter series’ magical properties.
How does it work? It works with an associated phone app – so you can save – and share – your invisible scenes. It’s easy to save stills or videos to your devices’ camera roll for later viewing fun. If you or your children haven’t played with a “green screen” before, you are in for a treat.
In addition to the A-R aspect of this gift, it’s also a great Harry Potter toy and collector item on it’s own. If your 11 year old girl is into Harry Potter dress up or Cosplay, she’ll appreciate this gift!
- Great functionality in a small package.
- 11 year old girls will love playing the role of director with the built-in cameras.
- A lot cheaper than a Fitbit or Apple Watch!
- Heavy video usage can drain the battery in less than a day – not great if you rely on it primarily for a watch.
- Colorful design might seem childish to tween-aged children.
This smartwatch is really a mini-smartphone – without internet access or GPS. Why do I say that? It has 2 cameras, a microphone, games built-in, and can function as a pedometer. That’s a lot of features in a little package!
Parents and kids can download the pictures and videos to a PC where they can be kept or viewed by all. It’s very intuitive to use – and while not waterproof it is “splash proof” so the occasional spill or drop should brick the watch. It’s a great toy if you think your child feels left out not having a “smart” device.
- The cards are really creative – from Super Fertile Unicorn to Fat Unicron, you never know what you’ll get.
- There’s enough strategy in this game – but not too much – that’s a great introduction to more detailed strategy card games.
- Only takes 3-4 rounds before you completely understand how the game works.
- High replay value – and can pick up and finish a game in under an hour.
- This game is the opposite of a cooperative game – if you don’t like having loved ones sabotaging your plans, this isn’t the game for you.
- Best played with 4 or more players.
Unstable Unicorns is still one fo the Top 50 most backed projects on Kickstarter, and for good reason. This card game is quick to learn and play, but it’s not easy to master. You are trying to build your Unicorn army to full-strength – but so is everyone else at the table. Note: these unicorns aren’t warm and fuzzy – think Pegasus not My Little Pony.
Skill is important, but there is a lot of unpredictability due to the draw of the card deck which means anyone has a chance to win a particular game. Detailed instructions are available online – they are better than the ones in the box and will get you up and playing in no time.
Codey Rocky is a GREAT toy for learning how to code. 11 year old programmers can use the associated app to get up and running quickly. There’s plenty to do with this robot without moving on from just app-based play. Your inquisitive girl can move and play with the robot really quickly in this mode.
Once the Codey Rocky is attached to your PC you can use an easy-to-learn block-based language to program the robot. If this is too limiting, you can also use the popular programming language python to expand your choice enormously. This should give your 11 year old years of play as your child moves up the programming skill curve.
- Easy to control and get into the air – but still helps to build patience.
- Flight control builds hand-eye coordination to keep the kite soaring in the air.
- You need to get outside to use this toy – and 11 year old girl will!
- You’ll need to help younger children with assembly.
- You need some space and decent weather to play with this toy.
Good kites are under-rated toys. There’s something hard-wired in most girls that makes she want to fly a kite on a warm, sunny day. This kite makes that easy enough for 11 year olds.
The design makes it surprisingly easy to get – and stay -airborne. It won’t entertain your children for multiple hours at a time, but they will continue to come back to this toy as they grow through the years. The colorful pattern will bring a smile to both you and your child’s face.
- Carrying case does a great job organizing all the parts.
- Up to 4 kids can make bracelets at the same time.
- These will become cherished memories for your daughter.
- Videos are easier to understand than the printed manual – search online.
- Takes some kids awhile to get the hang of making the bracelets.
Every girl likes to make friendship bracelets for their BFF. This well-designed kit will make that easier than ever.
Inside the ALEX DIY Friends Forever kit, you’ll find a friendship wheel (used to pattern out designs), color-coded looms, 20+ colors of string and a large array of beads to choose from. Instructions are provided for the beginning beader. It’s built to last, so your school-aged girl will get many hours of enjoyment from this throughout the years.
Our Process For Selecting The Best Toys And Gifts For 11 year old girls
We spend weeks writing all of our toy review and gift guides. We know you rely on our input, and we take that trust seriously. Our writers and editors have spent approximately 22 hours researching and testing the most popular toys and gifts for eleven year old pre-teens that you can buy in September 2020.
All of this time and resources are spent to bring this toy guide to you – we’ve put in the time to make sure our recommendations are ones you can trust.
We also update these lists daily. That’s because we don’t want to provide you with toys that are no longer in-stock – a gift you can’t buy isn’t worth much to you, no matter how cool it might be. We have reviewed many more toys than we list in this guide – and many of them are good but not quite as great as the ones that made the cut.
As toys move in and out of stock, the list will change. We want this list to help you get the best toys and gifts you can for your 11 year old this Holiday season.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gifts for Eleven-Year-Old Girls
My eleven-year-old tween is continuously changing her mind. What should I buy her for her birthday?
She is a normal eleven-year-old if you, as a parent, can’t keep up with how fast she changes her mind about what interests her. It does, however, make it difficult to buy her a gift because what interested her today may bore her tomorrow.
Don’t look at the specifics, step back, and see what she generally likes or dislikes. Base your type of gift on her general interests. If she is always playing sports although she regularly changes the kind of sports, then she likes sports. The best gift for her could be a gift related to sports e.g., a volleyball, sports equipment or a smartwatch with a timer.
The secret is identifying what her various interests have in common. If you discover that, then you know what kind of gift to give her. A girl who likes fashion, for example, may be interested in nail art, making bracelets, and then next week she likes hair accessories. If you look at the bigger picture, you’ll notice all the activities have fashion as the common denominator. The same applies if she is an outdoors type of girl; she may gravitate toward outdoor physical activities rather than keeping herself indoors. A bike, scooter, princess tent, camera, binoculars, or skateboard may be the perfect gift for her.
Is it essential to buy age-appropriate gifts for my eleven-year-old daughter?
Your daughter, like most girls of the same age, is discovering themselves and becoming individuals. That’s one of the reasons they may seem fickle because their interests change from one week to the next. Age-appropriate gifts may help your tween through her growing-up stage and help her develop the skills she needs to strengthen as an eleven-year-old.
Gifts in older age groups may be too challenging for her and could affect her confidence in her abilities. She may not be ready for that gift, and with lacking the skills or strengths, it may have a negative impact on her. Challenging gits are essential for her to grow, but if she can’t comprehend or use the gift to its full potential, it may discourage her.
Give her gifts that will help her discover what she likes, dislikes, and her individuality. Games are great gifts to guide her in imagining what she wants to be when she is grown up. Strategy games may strengthen and help develop logical thinking. Playing games may improve her hand-eye muscle coordination and visualizing objects. Gifts that stimulate her imagination and encourage creativity may help her understand who she is and what kind of adult she wants to become.
What if she doesn’t like the birthday gift I purchased her?
If your tween is invited to a birthday party and you don’t know the birthday girl that well, it’s not that easy to find the right gift. Girls are unique with their tastes, interests, and hobbies. The gift guide is a list of toys that most eleven-year-old girls would like and could help you select a birthday gift.
Opening a present is way more fun than receiving a gift card. If you’re not sure if she is going to like the gift, keep the gift receipt. Then she can exchange the gift for something she prefers. Make sure the retailer has a return policy that will allow her to exchange the gift. If you genuinely don’t have an idea what to give her, giver her a gift card.
What kind of gift toys will keep my daughter’s attention?
The right kind of gift may help your daughter to focus. If it’s a gift she likes, it will hold her attention for a while. For some, even the best gift won’t keep their attention for long.
To help your child to focus, choose gifts for 11-year-old girls that inspire imaginative role-playing. Toys like building blocks, dolls, and costumes may motivate her to role-play and use her imagination. Open-ended toys allow for multiple ways of playing and doesn’t restrict her visions but complements it.
Multi-sensory gifts may also help your child to focus. These toys combine texture, sounds, colors, and light to grab your little girl’s attention. By stimulating various senses, you may keep her attention while she discovers all the multiple features of the gift.
What gifts may help my eleven-year-old daughter as she develops?
There are four kinds of gifts that may help your eleven-year-old daughter in this crucial development stage. As she grows into her personality and identity, any gift that helps her achieve this may benefit her tremendously. Part of discovering who is she is to experiment with her physical appearance. Gifts that are fashion related but allow her to be creative are excellent choices; the type of gifts vary from nail art, streaky hair, craft bracelets, to slippers.
Together with developing her individuality, your little girl may be starting puberty. She may not be ready for the physical changes her body will be going through. Gifts and books that may help her prepare for this growing-up phase may set her mind at ease and help her adapt.
She is going to middle school, and any preparation may benefit her. School subjects, projects, and homework will be more challenging than elementary school. Educational toys that prepare her with the basics may help her to grasp more difficult concepts naturally. Coding toys are great examples of gifts that are fun but informative. STEM-related toys may strengthen problem-solving skills and critical thinking.
Friends may even be more important this year than last year. Any gifts that help her with social skills, spending time with friends, or making new friends could be winners. With social media, bullying has another platform. Gifts that help her foster active and healthy friendships may create a reliable support system when she must deal with emotional challenges. One of the best gifts for eleven-year-old girls are items she can use during social gatherings or sleepovers.