In A Hurry? Here's the Top 5 Toys For Nine Year Old Girls
Nurture a curiosity for science by conducting real hands-on experiments with visually appealing tools and easy-to-follow, beginner science activities
- Perfect gift for kids that love to paint, draw, or show other artistic traits.
- Projects can be completed in a weekend so they don’t have to dominate your house.
- This crate introduces unique crafting materials and interesting techniques.
- Non-traditional gift can be perfect for kids that crave their uniqueness.
- Not all kids will be interested in these projects – you’ll know if it’s right for your girl.
- Crates are given out randomly so there’s no guarantee which project you’ll get next month. Can be good or bad.
The Doodle Crate makes our best toy and gift list for 9 year olds because it’s different than the average gift. It’s not for every young adult, but those with an artistic bent will really appreciate your thoughtfulness once they receive it.
Every month, a “crate” is mailed to your child. Inside are numerous projects based around the theme of the month. It’s not just painting or drawing – projects require working in different materials including wood, clay, and resins. Different styles of artistic expression are explored each month. There are also written and video resources provided to allow inclined kids to explore the subject more thoroughly.
Not every 9 year old girl will love this gift – but it’s the perfect gift for the kid that’s shown an interest in art in the past. I know in my family, my youngest son had a blast working on his project. I’m confident your creative kid will enjoy the Doodle Crate as well.
- Made in the USA of BPA-free, recycled milk jugs.
- Easy to clean – it’s dishwasher safe so cleanup is a breeze!
- Your 9 year old girl will build both fine and gross motor skills playing with this set.
- Great for tub play as well.
- Built to last for years of play.
- You pay extra for the Earth-friendly construction.
If your young ::age:: girl is looking for a toy tea set to go along with tea time, the Green Toys Tea Set is a great choice. she can play while being nice to the environment at the same time. You see, these tea cups, pots, plates, creamer and sugar bowl are all made of food-grade recycled materials. This is awesome because it means you can actually drink from the set without worrying about hot water melting plastic or leeching and undesirable chemicals.
This tea set is wonderful. The toy items are sturdy while still being small enough for little hand’s to easily handle. It is safe to eat and drink from, washes easily, and quite resistant to scratches and blemishes. Some people aren’t aware that toy manufacturers now have to put little holes to prevent suffocation in any toy a young girl might jam in their mouth. The sugar bowl is the one in this set with the holes – so if you pour a powder in the bowl, it won’t stay there!
These cups are kid-sized, not doll-sized – so they’ll be able to drink more than a sip when playing make-believe. It’s one of the best tea sets out there for kids!
- Included experiments are age-appropriate and fun for the family to work together.
- Great for bathtub and sandbox play when younger, but grows into science experiments as your child ages.
- High replay value since equipment can be used to do other experiments available for free on the internet.
- While most are common household items, you need to provide the ingredients for the experiments.
Encourage interest in science and experimental learning with this award-winning lab set. The Learning Resources Primary Science Lab set comes with a ton of kid-friendly science tools. All 12 pieces are correctly sized for 9 year old children to be able to handle.
Younger girls might just use the toy to play make-believe unless you or another adult take them step by step through the instructions. On the other hand, older children can use the included experiment cards to learn more about the physical world around them. Once you’ve gone through all the included experiments, you are free to use the equipment to tackle other experiments about the world around you.
- Jumping helps your 9 year old girl develop muscles and balance while burning off energy.
- Tramp comes with a long list of safety features to make jumping as safe as it can be.
- Your kid’s friends will always be over at your place when you are the ‘trampoline house’.
- Parents need to supervise play – there are dangers involved if instructions aren’t followed.
- This isn’t a small toy. You need to have dedicated space in your backyard to set up and jump.
As we mentioned in our outdoor trampolines review, we think this toy is a winner. Safety is a prime concern in the design of this model. It’s so important, Skywalker has made sure this model exceeds all American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) requirements.
We like the ‘W’ supports – they give more stability to the trampoline. The padded poles and enclosure net are well-made and help to keep your 9 year old is safe. The basketball hoop is a nice touch – it has a breakaway rim and even comes with 2 basketballs. It’ll keep your children and friends entertained for hours at a time. A great gift.
- Active noise cancellation makes them great for car or air travel.
- Long battery life means they can be used all-day.
- Fold-able for easy storage
- Also comes with a 3.5mm cord for wired use.
- While better for noise reduction, ear-cup design can make some ears uncomfortable.
- Plastic headband designs are nearly always weaker than metal ones. These won’t be indestructible.
Everyone likes to listen to their music, videos and games with a good set of headphones. These active noise-cancelling headphones are a good deal for the price. You get dual microphone cancellation technology, along with the option of either using a Bluetooth or wired connection to your device. That’s nice because kids (and adults) will forget to charge these headphones on occasion, but you’ll still be able to use them.
These aren’t going to compete with $400 headphones – but at well under $100 you’ll have trouble finding anything better. The plastic headband is well made, but might eventually break if you have a large head. A nice hard case will help ensure your girl doesn’t accidentally break the headphones by stepping on them.
I like the noise-canceling feature because it’s really handy when trying to study or traveling by plane – and with how well constructed these headphones are your child will likely end up having a chance to do both while owning them. They also function as a headset for talking on the phone as well.
- Quick enough to be fun, but not as fast as some bigger models.
- Soon will become a child favorite for expressing growing independence
- Will last for years with proper maintenance.
- Easy to transport – handlebars detach easily with a tool.
- The handbrake by itself can be inadequate – so teach your child to steer out of harms way along with braking.
- Your child needs to be mature enough to understand the road laws in your area to use this toy.
Electric scooters for kids are a fast and simple way to get around. The Razor E100 Electric Scooter is a nice tradeoff of speed and handling for a 9 year old rider. You’ll get a scooter, battery and battery charger all included in the box. Assembly is minimal – just charge up the scooter overnight and go.
Since this scooter can go as fast as 10 mph, it’s a good idea to find a protected area for your girl to practice. It’s not quite like riding a bike – it will take a little while to master. Check your local laws to see if it’s legal to ride on the street near the curb or on the sidewalk. Different towns have different rules – and unless you want to give your kid an introduction to the legal system at this age, it’s better to find out ahead of time!
The build is solid. Younger and smaller riders will be able to easily fit both feet side-by-side on the base. Length or riding time will depend on how many hills you ride, how much your child weighs, and how hard they ride – but 30 – 50 mins seems to be about average before needing a charge.
- Both camera lenses have an 8-megapixel photo resolution to take high-quality photos.
- The camera is designed for kids and is easy to operate.
- The screen is 2.3 inches, which is larger than most camera screens for kids.
- SD memory card isn’t included in the purchase.
The Joytrip Kids Digital Camera is a dual-lens camera with 8 Megapixels and a camcorder with FHD 1080P video resolution that’s perfect for little 9 year old girl hands! With a 2.3 inches screen, budding photographers can show off their photography skills. The automatic face tracking feature recognizes faces to capture the best smiley moments.
Replaying the videos or look at the funny photos created with the 21 frames creates hours of fun. The 1000mAh lithium rechargeable battery won’t cut the fun-time short because it lasts for 4-6 hours. Recharging takes 4-5 hours.
Hanging the camera around the child’s neck with the lanyard will help keep the camera from falling. If it does fall, don’t sweat it too much. The camera is made of soft silicone material that is safe against a child’s skin and is also shockproof should the camera fall.
The USB charger and a micro SD card reader are included in the package but not the SD card. The camera supports up to a 32 GB card.
- Worry-free guarantee means you don’t need to worry about giving your 9 year old a mini-computer that she likely will end up finding a way to break.
- Great for trips, plane rides, or other times a child needs to entertain themselves without being able to move around.
- Included subscription includes a wide variety of children’s books to read – it’s not all fun and games!
- If you haven’t already bought into the Amazon “Co-Prosperity Sphere” of content, you’ll need to – it’s not worth much without the content Amazon provides.
- Amazon parental controls take a little time to learn how to use effectively.
Want to get your 9 year old a tablet, but afraid of quickly they might break it? The Fire 7 Kids Edition is a great tablet for you.
You get a powerful 7-inch tablet in a kid-proof stand – made for little girls hands to be able to grasp easily. The included year of Amazon Free Time provides access to age-appropriate apps, games, books and content from names you know, like PBS Kids, Disney and Nickelodeon. Parental controls leave you in charge of what your 9 year old watches.
And since kids will be kids…if she ends up breaking this Kindle during the first two years by dropping, stomping, spilling, throwing or the multitude of other ways kids break toys, you can simply return it to Amazon to get a replacement. That’s the worry-free guarantee.
These devices come with 16GB of internal storage, but you’ll likely want to invest in an SD card to give you some more space to save content for your child. Prices on flash memory have dropped so much you’ll be amazed how much storage you’ll be able to get for cheap.
- The included cloak is an EXACT replica of the movie prop on display in the official Warner Bros studio tour in London.
- It’s going to be THE GIFT for Harry Potter fans in 2021.
- The cloak, standalone, is of nice construction. The added invisibility effect is a nice addition!
- Phone must be still in the tripod to get the “invisible” effect to work.
- Deluxe version is nice and completely true to the movie, but can be a bit pricey. The standard version doesn’t include the tripod either.
What kid hasn’t at some point wanted to be invisible? I know I thought the Invisibility Cloak from the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone would have awesome to own. And now you can!
This 2020 Toy of the Year finalist is an exciting augmented reality toy. This official Warner Bros. Invisibility cloak costume perfectly replicates the cloak from the Harry Potter series’ magical properties.
How does it work? It works with an associated phone app – so you can save – and share – your invisible scenes. It’s easy to save stills or videos to your devices’ camera roll for later viewing fun. If you or your children haven’t played with a “green screen” before, you are in for a treat.
In addition to the A-R aspect of this gift, it’s also a great Harry Potter toy and collector item on it’s own. If your 9 year old girl is into Harry Potter dress up or Cosplay, she’ll appreciate this gift!
- Adjustable height means it will grow with your girl.
- Folds down easily for quick storage.
- The different sizes of chalk and markers help develop fine motor skills.
- A great way to share a love of drawing with friends or family.
- This toy requires assembly which can be a deal breaker for some.
If your child is stoked to draw but you don’t want the hassle of buying and throwing away reams of artwork-filled paper, this easel is for you. Both the chalkboard and dry-erase sides are erasable – so when your artist moves on to a new work the board will follow. It can be used on both sides at teh same time so your girl can use this toy to play with a friend at the same time.
The adjustable height is a great feature – your child will be able to use this for years to come without having to hunch over to draw. It comes with chalk and an eraser, along with a brush – but you’ll want to make sure you get more chlak on your own. With how fun this toy is, you’ll need it!
What We Like About The NextX Kids Adjustable Easel
- Great toy to inspire imaginatively and role-playing for girls.
- Big enough for 9 year old children to play with but stores easily.
- Perfect for playdates – many kids can comfortably play together at once.
- Solid construction means this should outlast your child’s interest in it.
- You will need to assemble this toy. Be prepared with a power drill to save yourself time and anguish.
- You might notice the lack of counter space – your child probably could care less!
Most 9 year olds are fascinated by the kitchen, and how it’s the realm of “big people”. Now you can get your child their own pretend kitchen to work and play in!
This play-set comes with everything a young girl needs to play house. There’s a playset, along with cookware, dishes and a recycle bin. You’ll find 20 pieces when you buy this toy.
While role-play is very important to preschool children, you’ll also help develop their relationship skills since this kitchen is great for inviting friends to play.
- Great functionality in a small package.
- 9 year old girls will love playing the role of director with the built-in cameras.
- A lot cheaper than a Fitbit or Apple Watch!
- Heavy video usage can drain the battery in less than a day – not great if you rely on it primarily for a watch.
- Colorful design might seem childish to tween-aged children.
This smartwatch is really a mini-smartphone – without internet access or GPS. Why do I say that? It has 2 cameras, a microphone, games built-in, and can function as a pedometer. That’s a lot of features in a little package!
Parents and kids can download the pictures and videos to a PC where they can be kept or viewed by all. It’s very intuitive to use – and while not waterproof it is “splash proof” so the occasional spill or drop should brick the watch. It’s a great toy if you think your child feels left out not having a “smart” device.
- The cards are really creative – from Super Fertile Unicorn to Fat Unicron, you never know what you’ll get.
- There’s enough strategy in this game – but not too much – that’s a great introduction to more detailed strategy card games.
- Only takes 3-4 rounds before you completely understand how the game works.
- High replay value – and can pick up and finish a game in under an hour.
- This game is the opposite of a cooperative game – if you don’t like having loved ones sabotaging your plans, this isn’t the game for you.
- Best played with 4 or more players.
Unstable Unicorns is still one fo the Top 50 most backed projects on Kickstarter, and for good reason. This card game is quick to learn and play, but it’s not easy to master. You are trying to build your Unicorn army to full-strength – but so is everyone else at the table. Note: these unicorns aren’t warm and fuzzy – think Pegasus not My Little Pony.
Skill is important, but there is a lot of unpredictability due to the draw of the card deck which means anyone has a chance to win a particular game. Detailed instructions are available online – they are better than the ones in the box and will get you up and playing in no time.
Codey Rocky is a GREAT toy for learning how to code. 9 year old programmers can use the associated app to get up and running quickly. There’s plenty to do with this robot without moving on from just app-based play. Your inquisitive girl can move and play with the robot really quickly in this mode.
Once the Codey Rocky is attached to your PC you can use an easy-to-learn block-based language to program the robot. If this is too limiting, you can also use the popular programming language python to expand your choice enormously. This should give your 9 year old years of play as your child moves up the programming skill curve.
- Easy to control and get into the air – but still helps to build patience.
- Flight control builds hand-eye coordination to keep the kite soaring in the air.
- You need to get outside to use this toy – and 9 year old girl will!
- You’ll need to help younger children with assembly.
- You need some space and decent weather to play with this toy.
Good kites are under-rated toys. There’s something hard-wired in most girls that makes she want to fly a kite on a warm, sunny day. This kite makes that easy enough for 9 year olds.
The design makes it surprisingly easy to get – and stay -airborne. It won’t entertain your children for multiple hours at a time, but they will continue to come back to this toy as they grow through the years. The colorful pattern will bring a smile to both you and your child’s face.
- Learn about the world through fun projects every month
- Gift will continue to be appreciated month-0after-month as new crates arrive.
- It’s great for girls to show creativity and appreciation for the world they live in.
- At this age, most of the projects can be completed with very little parental help. This builds self-confidence.
- Not every child is into exploring other cultures. If your kid is in this category, this toy isn’t for them.
The Atlas Crate by Kiwico is perfect for 9 year old girls that love traveling and learning more about the world. This package isn’t one toy – instead, you buy a one-time subscription and “crates” are delivered throughout the year. The Atlas Crate is different than most subscription crates – focused more on different places and cultures around the world.
As the crates come month after month and more projects are completed, your child will build their own adventure book. My child really loved building his own globe in one project. If your kid is interested in the people in the world and the places they come from, this gift will be appreciated.
- Carrying case does a great job organizing all the parts.
- Up to 4 kids can make bracelets at the same time.
- These will become cherished memories for your daughter.
- Videos are easier to understand than the printed manual – search online.
- Takes some kids awhile to get the hang of making the bracelets.
Every girl likes to make friendship bracelets for their BFF. This well-designed kit will make that easier than ever.
Inside the ALEX DIY Friends Forever kit, you’ll find a friendship wheel (used to pattern out designs), color-coded looms, 20+ colors of string and a large array of beads to choose from. Instructions are provided for the beginning beader. It’s built to last, so your school-aged girl will get many hours of enjoyment from this throughout the years.
Our Process For Selecting The Best Toys And Gifts For 9 year old girls
We spend weeks writing all of our toy review and gift guides. We know you rely on our input, and we take that trust seriously. Our writers and editors have spent around 23 hours researching and testing the most popular toys for 9 year old girls that you can buy in May 2021.
All of this time and resources are spent to bring this toy guide to you – we’ve put in the time to make sure our recommendations are ones you can trust.
We also update these lists daily. That’s because we don’t want to provide you with toys that are no longer in-stock – a gift you can’t buy isn’t worth much to you, no matter how cool it might be to play with. We have reviewed many more toys than we list in this guide – and many of them are good gifts. They just aren’t quite as great as the ones that made the cut.
As toys move in and out of stock, the list will change. We want this list to help you get the best toys as gifts that you can for your 9 year old this Holiday season.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gifts for Nine-Year-Old Girls
Are dolls an excellent gift for nine-year-old girls?
It all depends on your little girl. If she still has fun playing with dolls, then giving her a doll for a birthday gift or receiving her favorite doll at Christmas could make her very happy. If she likes her Barbie, you could expand her collection by buying one of her dolls, new clothes, and accessories.
Girls and boys develop individually and at their pace. Your little girl may not be interested in playing with dolls anymore, but she could still like to collect toys or display her favorite dolls in her room.
Some girls may have outgrown dolls. As much as it could’ve been their favorite toy a year ago, they are no longer interested in dolls. In the gift guide, there are ample other types of gifts you can buy a nine-year-old if they don’t play with dolls anymore.
What can I buy my daughter as a birthday gift?
Little girls love everything about birthday parties, from deciding on a theme, writing out invitations to the day of her birthday. She will receive lots of gifts because she is going to want to invite lots of friends.
Although she receives tons of gifts on her birthday, and you spent time and money on her birthday party, she still expects a special gift from her parents. Birthday parties often cost more than a parent wanted to spend. You want her birthday to be a great day, and that includes giving her a great birthday gift.
One of the best gifts for nine-year-old girls are gifts that entertain them for hours. You want to give her something she may enjoy after the excitement of the party has faded. The Doodle Crate listed in our gift guide is an excellent gift for her. The craft ideas may stimulate her imagination and creativity while teaching her new crafts and arts. It’s not a once-off gift; it is ongoing. She receives a Doodle Crate every month with new ideas and activities.
What should I get her for Christmas?
The most significant challenge parents may have at buying Christmas gifts for a nine-year-old daughter is deciding what NOT to give her for Christmas. Most boys and girls have entirely bought into the experiencing Christmas. They are thrilled with every aspect of it and enjoy everything that leads up to the day. To them, however, the best is finding out what is in their stockings on Christmas morning.
Ask her, and she is going to give you a long list of everything she wants. There will be more than enough toys and gifts to fill many stockings. Your dilemma is deciding what to buy and what gifts to leave for later in the year.
What gift do you buy for a girl who has everything?
If your daughter has everything and you have no idea what to buy her as a gift, think out of the box. Little girls at this age love jokes and to laugh at things that they deem funny. A humourous gift may entertain her and her friends. Funny and unusual gifts are played with repeatedly because there are always new spectators to entertain. Even if she doesn’t have an audience, she will enjoy the funny gift.
She is old enough to appreciate an experience gift. Buy her tickets to a concert, to a sports event, spend a day at the aquarium, at the planetarium, or take her on an outing that interests her. You can combine the experience gift with a toy that complements the excursion. For example, give her a telescope if she is interested in the stars, a book about the ocean to remind her of the day at the aquarium, or a camera to capture memorable photos.
A book is always an excellent gift for a child at any age. If she is a reader and prefers to read a specific genre, then the latest book or series in that genre could be the best gift for her. A book on jokes or other funny stories will make her laugh. A factbook with exciting facts about her hobbies or interest is another great gift idea.
What are the best types of gifts for a nine-year-old girl?
The types of gifts for a nine-year-old girl are endless, but it is always best to buy her something that is in line with her interests or hobbies. She may have outgrown her dolls, but a stuffed toy is an ageless toy; many adults treasure their stuffed toys on their beds.
Friends play an essential role in her social life. You can’t go wrong with a gift that she can play with her friends. Board games, sports toys, imaginative toys, and arts and crafts are great examples of the type of gifts that will entertain them.
Nine-year-olds like their sports. They are physically active and enjoy playing one or more games. She will appreciate sports equipment but also gifts that enhance physical activity like volleyball, trampoline jumping, snowboarding, or swimming.
Most girls like to dance and sing along with friends or perform solo. They enjoy showing off their latest moves or song. Gifts like kids, microphones, karaoke kits, dance clothes, and dance music may delight your budding singing dancer. Dance classes may also be another great gift that could teach her the basic moves.