Teacher compliments are positive feedback from parents and students to teachers. It’s a nice way to show appreciation for the teaching profession and a specific teacher. It can be as simple as saying thank you or more descriptive and meaningful praise.
Why give teachers good compliments? People tend to underestimate the significance of genuine compliments until they experience it themselves as the recipient. Studies show people feel valued when someone shows them gratitude.
Teachers play an important role in the learning environment and significantly impact a student’s life—irrespective of whether they are a Kindergarten kid, middle school, or high school student.
They are often unsung heroes.
Students appreciate their favorite teachers, and parents are thankful for what they’ve done for their kids.
But do you tell them?
Make the teacher’s day and compliment them for being a good teacher.
You don’t have to wait for Teacher appreciation week to thank dedicated teachers for their valuable contribution to your school experience or your child’s development. Here is a list of compliments to teachers from parents and students to get you started.
Best Teaching Compliments From Parents To Teachers
Simple, But Authentic Compliments
- Thank you.
- You greatly impacted my kid, who didn’t like school until you became his teacher.
- You are not a good teacher, but a GREAT teacher.
- Thank you for sacrificing your time, effort, and money to teach these kids.
- It’s obvious you honestly care about your students. I’m grateful my child is in your class.
- Thank you for constantly communicating with us about our kids.
- You may have been teaching for a long time but haven’t lost your empathy and kindness toward students.
- You inspire me as a parent.
- Great teachers like you make themselves available when students or parents need time.
- My kid loves classroom discussions. It inspires him to think about things differently.
- Our children are important to us. Thank you for showing them they matter.
- I was excited to hear you will be my second child’s teacher.
- When you show appreciation to children and their ideas, you make the attainment of goals more real to them.
Thanking The Teaching Profession
- Your tireless efforts change students’ lives.
- Thank you for seeing the future in students.
- You can’t tell where a teacher’s influence stops; it goes way beyond the classroom.
- Your hard work changes ordinary kids into stories of success.
- You are a great teacher who is committed to the school and also to your students.
- We appreciate you and your hard work.
- Our school has the best teachers because they care about the kids, not just performance.
- We as parents notice the difference teachers make in our children’s lives.
- Your kind words for our children mean a lot to them and us.
- The art of teaching requires dedication, hard work, and a love for children.
Best Compliment For Teachers’ Impact On A Student
- Thank you for motivating my child to study for good grades. He was accepted by one of the best colleges.
- Thank you for listening to my kid and helping them understand the math problem.
- Thank you for your adaptability to a child’s needs.
- As a parent, I can’t thank you enough for everything you’ve done this year that positively impacted my child’s life.
- Thank you for treating my child as a person. My kid can’t stop telling me that her teacher respects her students.
- I’m grateful that you are my child’s teacher; you’ve helped my child to become more confident in their abilities. Thank you.
- You are my child’s best teacher; you didn’t tell her but showed her so she could discover for herself.
- You create a desire for knowledge in my child; when he gets home after school, he tries to teach me what he learned in your classes.
- Your innovative ideas for online classes inspired my kid to work hard and do their best.
Compliments for Teachers from Students
Expand On Thank You
- Thank you, you have made me a more thoughtful person.
- Thank you for being so kind; I feel welcome in this new school.
- I’m glad I am in your class; your teaching style inspires success.
- The best compliment in the world doesn’t describe how thankful I am that you are my teacher.
- Thank you, you teach with passion.
- Thank you, words cannot describe the education I received from you.
- You changed a complicated lesson into inspirational stories.
End Of School Year Closing Compliments
- I appreciate what you’ve done for me. You are my favorite teacher!
- Thank you for making learning and school fun. I’ve learned so much in your class.
- I appreciate how you’ve helped me and will keep in touch. I’m sure I’ll continue to be grateful for what you taught me.
- Thank you for being patient with me the entire school year.
- We appreciate your passion for our education and well-being.
- You taught me education is not just gathering knowledge but preparation for life and my future.
- Your encouragement brightened not only my day but every student in your classroom.
- You are the best language arts teacher; I learned to communicate more effectively, which will help me as a high school student and beyond.
Thanking A Former Teacher
- I wouldn’t be where I am today if it wasn’t for you helping me be a better person.
- Thank you for constantly reminding me to double-check my work. I wouldn’t have been able to do my job if I didn’t learn that at school.
- I will never forget that one statement you made in class. It changed my life and gave me hope.
- Thank you for your input in my life. You inspired me to live for my dreams.
- You are a good teacher. You guided us to ask the right questions.
- You are the one teacher who never gave up on me. Thank you.
- You use specific examples any student can relate to; it helped tremendously to understand tricky material.
- Thank you for helping me put my thoughts into words; it is something I have always struggled with until you become my teacher.
- Your passion for teaching inspired me to become a teacher.
- Your teaching skills prepared me for the challenges of life
Ways To Compliment Classroom Teachers
Many teachers appreciate a thank you card more than a gift.
- Email the teacher a good compliment. Add your return email address so they can respond if they desire.
- Write a thank you message to the teacher on the class group message system.
- Compliment cards or handwritten notes are memories teachers can treasure for years.
- Give a genuine compliment to their face. Look them in the eye, smile, and praise the teacher.
- Surprise the teacher and begin the class with a compliment chain of students thanking the teacher.
- Write a thank you note and send it with a small gift.
- Brag about them in public.
Nice Things To Say To A Teacher
- I truly enjoyed this class today.
- I’m glad you are my teacher; I learn a lot from you.
- Thank you for explaining the problem again. Now I understand it.
- Your class is a joy because you are always friendly and smiling.
- You may be just a teacher to the world, but you are a role model to your students.
- Your words of encouragement helped many children through difficult times.
- You always have great ideas that get children excited about learning new things.
- Thank you, you are one of the good teachers.
- You have a great sense of humor that I thoroughly enjoy.