Do you remember those happy sensations of pure joy when you used to swing as a child? I do; I have fond memories of swinging on my favorite swing. Just like toddlers today, it was always so much fun to play and explore outdoors, and the swing sets in playgrounds and the park were always a favorite spot for me and my friends. But as a parent, I know that it can be challenging to organize a whole day out and carry a bulky diaper bag just to take your child to the park for some swing time.
That’s why I recommend purchasing a toddler swing for your backyard. It’s a great way to give your child the freedom to play outside whenever they want. And the best part is, there are plenty of safe, fun choices for swings you can attach to swing sets. So whether you hang the toddler swings from tree branches, use foldable bases to stow away, or take them indoors when the weather is inhospitable, there is a great swing for your needs.
If you’re not sure where to start, check out some of our favorite choices for the best toddler swings little ones can have fun with for several years. Our editor’s choice is the Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug N Secure Swing, in my opinion, is one of the best swings for the infant to toddler development stages. It’s the perfect indoor and outdoor toddler swing, affordable, and easy to load toddlers. Plus, it’s made from durable plastic materials that should last for years.
Our Best Toddler Swing Picks Compared
Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug N Secure Swing
Check price at
Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Set
Check price at
Little Tikes High Back Toddler Swing
Check price at
Sportspower My First Toddler Swing
Check price at
Ancheer Toddler Swing Seat
Check price at
Squirrel Premium High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing
Check price at
Little Tikes Disc Swing
Check price at
Sesame Street Elmo Toddler Swing
Check price at
Best Swings For Babies, Toddlers, And Older Children Reviewed
1. Overall Best Toddler Swing For Babies To Toddlers: Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug n Secure Swing
The Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug N Secure Swing can be set up either indoors or outdoors to let your child play no matter the weather. Smaller children are easy to secure in the seat with the hinged T-bar and shoulder straps. In addition, it offers a comfortable plastic seat with a back to fully support a child as they swing back and forth.
The toddler swing grows with your child, so as they get bigger and no longer need the T-bar or safety straps, they can be stored out of their way. Instead of using chains that can pinch fingers, this swing has a weather-resistant rope for the child to hold. It is available in either blue or pink and has a 50-pound weight limit.
Recommended Ages: 9 months to 4 years old
Requires: Needs anchors, tree straps, or swing hangers to attach to trees or existing swing sets.
Why We Love Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug N Secure Swing
- Flexible indoor and outdoor toddler swing with a wide age range
- Versatile infant swing with removable T-bar that grows with the child
- Shoulder straps to safely secure active toddlers
- Easy loading of little one in the push swing
- Affordable price for your budget
- Made from durable plastic, so it can be used after your child outgrows it
Where We Think The Toddler Swing Could Be Improved
- No drainage in the bucket toddler swing seat
- You may need rope extenders and anchors depending on where you hang the swing
2. Best Swingset For Infants: Step2 Infant To Toddler Swing Set
Children grow quickly, so if you’re looking for an outdoor baby swing that will grow with your child, the Step2 Infant to Toddler Swing Set may be the right choice for you. The seat cradles the toddler in a fully upright position while keeping them strapped in with a T-bar and shoulder straps.
There are air holes to keep it ventilated so they don’t get too warm while playing. The seat is also hung with weather-resistant ropes, so it will stay strong whether the toddler seat is exposed to heat, rain, or snow.
Recommended Ages: 9 months to 3 years
Requires: Needs anchor hooks, tree straps, or swing hangers to attach it to swing sets, trees, or in your home.
Why We Love Step2 Infant To Toddler Swing Set
- Safety straps and T-bar to keep baby snug and safe
- Great high-back support for younger infant’s back and neck
- Features weather-resistant ropes little ones can hold onto when swinging
- Made from durable plastic materials with a maximum child weight of up to 50 pounds, the toddler swing can be used by both toddlers and older children
Where We Think The Swing For Toddlers Could Be Improved
- The baby seat rope is short, so the infant is high off the playground surface, but the safety features should keep your little one safe
3. Best Budget Swing For Babies: Little Tikes High Back Toddler Swing
The Little Tikes High Back Toddler Swing allows you to quickly and easily set your child in the seat for swinging fun. The swing secures toddlers with an adjustable lap belt, and a molded center support keeps them from sliding out while the swing is moving.
The leg openings are wide enough to accommodate both babies and toddlers, with a maximum weight limit of up to 50 pounds. Along with the comfortable swing seat, the swing comes with the necessary hardware to attach it to a playground swing set and weather-resistant ropes.
Recommended Ages: 9 months to 3 years
Requires: It comes with hardware for attaching to the swing set, but you can buy the straps for attaching it to trees.
Why We Love Little Tikes High Back Toddler Swing
- Easily attachable to an existing backyard swing sets as a playground swing
- Bucket-style swing with a wide toddler seat and leg openings for comfort and loading baby
- Made from sturdy plastic, it will last for years, and it can hold children up to 50 pounds
- The higher back and adjustable seat belt make it a perfect swing for adapting between a baby swing and a toddler swing
- Vertical lap bars and seat belts keep little ones safely in place
Where We Think The Swing For Babies Could Be Improved
- Ropes on the bucket seat style swing aren’t adjustable, and some reviewers found them too short, making the baby sit too high from the ground
4. Best Toddler Swingset For Indoors: Sportspower My First Toddler Swing
If you live in an apartment and want a sturdy indoor toddler swing or don’t have a swing set to attach a swing, then the Sportspower My First Toddler Swing offers what you need. The nursery swing hangs on a steel frame, which provides the durability needed to last for several years. It is easy to put your child in the plastic seat, and it keeps them secure with a five-point safety harness.
Unlike most toddler swing set kits, the portable swing has a foldable frame for easy storage. You can also easily take the swing along on an outdoor family excursion.
Recommended Ages: 9 months and up
Requires: The swing comes with everything needed to assemble and use indoors or outside.
Why We Love Sportspower My First Toddler Swing
- The powder-coated steel swing frame is made to last for years so that it can be passed down from one child to the next
- With a recommended weight capacity of 55 pounds, small children can share as well as toddlers
- Portable swing that folds for compact storage, traveling, and family holidays
- Includes everything needed for use as an indoor or outdoor toddler swing
- 5-Point safety harness to keep baby safe, perfect for a fussy baby or active toddler who can’t sit still
Where We Think The Indoor Toddler Swing Could Be Improved
- Product size is best suited for smaller and younger children
- Some reviewers found the safety straps on the toddler swing not that durable
5. Best Swing For Growing Infants: 3-In-1 Design Ancheer Toddler Swing Seat
The Ancheer Toddler Swing Seat allows you to add a safe toddler swing seat to an existing playground swing set. This seat makes it easy to put your child into the swing seat and quickly take them out. With its high back and center-supported leg holes, your child will be safe and secure as they have fun swinging.
Along with the bucket swing seat, the toddler swing comes with two 60-inch chains, which are partially safety coated to avoid pinched fingers. It also has two snap hooks for attaching to existing outdoor swing sets. In addition, the swing seat is available in four colors: red, blue, yellow, and green.
Recommended Ages: 2 to 4 years
Requires: Nothing additional is needed
Why We Love The 3-In-1 Design Ancheer Toddler Swing Seat
- Versatile safety considerations offer a baby and infant safety T-bar, toddler seatbelt, and transformation into a standard swing for older children
- Swing seat and frame materials are EVA and polyethylene, so it will hold up well against any weather and last for a long time
- The suspension material nylon rope adjust to any height to hang the swing
- With 300 pounds maximum weight capacity, kids in a wide age range with multiple swing styles can enjoy this swing
- You don’t need additional products to hang the toddler swing indoors or outdoors
Where We Think The Swing For Growing Kids Could Be Improved
- Some customer reviews mentioned they found assembling the toddler swing challenging
6. Best Toddler Wooden Swing For Outdoors: Ecotribe Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set
The Ecotribe Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set is a chemically-free safe swing for your toddler. The materials are natural untreated, smoothed birch wood and sturdy, wear-resistant cotton ropes. A bucket seat supports your toddler while leaving room for wriggling.
Hang the toddler swing outside as a tree swing, patio swing, or on your porch. The 78.7-inch hang length will also suffice for hanging the swing from low or high ceilings inside. Should you keep the toddler swing outdoors, it’s recommended to coat the wood with a sealer.
The eco-friendly horse-shaped swing will give your toddler the experience of riding a pony. Slide the child’s feet around the bottom of the seat and place their hands on the grip handles. For a more exotic experience, there is a giraffe-shaped toddler swing. Another good toddler swing choice is a magical ride on the unicorn-shaped swing. Coat the wood with a sealer to create a protective surface if you plan on leaving the swing outside.
Recommended Ages: 6 months to 3 years and a maximum weight of 44 pounds
Requires: Assembling instructions show how to thread the ropes through the designated slots and where to use the two screws, steel rings, and clips.
Why We Love Ecotribe Wooden Horse Toddler Swing Set
- The eco-friendly choice of materials is designed to last for generations
- With a choice of material, you can select the varnished or unfinished for DIY customization
- Eco-friendly materials are chemical-free, natural wooden materials safe for infants
- Versatile use for outdoor toddler swing as well as indoor toddler swing
Where We Think The Wooden Horse Swing Could Be Improved
- Using the toddler swing as a backyard swing or outdoor playground toddler swing, you should either purchase the varnished swing or add a sealer or top coat for sun safety and weather elements protection.
7. Best Bucket Swing Seat For Babies: Premium High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing Seat
The Squirrel Premium High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swing is ideal if you want a well-built baby garden swing. The toddler swing is perfect as an addition to the kindergarten playground, treehouse, or jungle gym swing set setup. It attaches effortlessly to the right chain length with adjustable chains.
The swing seat is made from non-toxic, durable plastic and has a high back to support your little one. The chain in plastic coating ensures pinch protection, and the triangles and brackets are also fully coated to protect little fingers. Durable and comfortable, the bucket swing set comes in four bright colors.
Recommended Ages: 6 months to 3 years
Requires: Package includes carabiners for easy attachment to playground swing sets and jungle gym.
Why We Love Squirrel Products Premium High Back Full Bucket Toddler Swinging Seat
- Deep bucket seat design with an extra high back for stability, comfort, and safety
- Non-toxic plastic coating prevents little fingers from getting pinched
- Zinc coating prevents rusting, and the metal chains lock onto carabiners for easy assembly
- Fun, bright colors kids love and finger grips for toddlers to hold onto when pushed
Where We Think The Bucket Seat Swing For Babies Could Be Improved
- The basket swing shape makes it challenging to load infants into the bucket swing seat
8. Best Toddler Swing For Coordination Skills: Little Tikes Disc Swing
This swing is recommended for older toddlers who can grasp the rope and hold themselves up. The Little Tikes Disc Swing has a molded plastic piece to protect children’s legs from the rope as they sit on the disc swing.
The toy comes with 10 feet of plastic rope, so it can easily hang in your backyard. The adjustable rope can also be adjusted as your child grows, providing endless years of fun on this disc swing.
Recommended Ages: 3 to 10 years
Requires: Everything is included, and it is easy to assemble.
Why We Love Little Tikes Disc Swing
- The older-child swing is recommended for older children three to 10 years old and has 100 pounds weight limit
- Because of its design, it’s the best swing for several years of family fun
- 10 feet of plastic rope is enough length to hang the disc swing from any branch – and for some kids, the higher, the better
- A great work-out to exercise core strength, balance, and coordination
- Solid, durable construction with a quality plastic neck to protect legs from rope
Where We Think The Fun Disc Swing For Older Children Could Be Improved
- For extra safety, make sure the rope isn’t too long, causing the child to swing into the tree
- Ensure the person swinging is within the recommended maximum weight capacity of 100 pounds
9. Best-Themed Toddler Swing Set For Fun: Sesame Street Elmo Toddler Swing
This toddler swing combines two things kids love, swings and friendly faces. Kids like to be in motion, and with the Sesame Street Elmo Toddler Swing, they will have hours of fun swinging back and forth outside on a swing set or attached to a tree. And they’re not alone; friendly Elmo is there with them on the back of the seat and the T-strap.
The high back seat safely supports your child in an upright position. The seat belt is there to keep them securely in place. With Elmo as a companion, children don’t need toys to join them in some backyard swinging fun; they can have as much fun as at the Kindergarten playground. The weather-resistant rope is included with the swing seat.
Recommended Ages: 9 months to 3 years
Requires: Needs a swing hanger or tree straps for attaching to trees.
Why We Love Sesame Street Elmo-Themed, Toddler Swing
- Full bucket seat swing for ultimate comfort and safety
- Cute themed toddler swing will inspire little ones to get into the swing seat
- Hinged T-bar makes loading babies and toddlers straightforward
- UV-resistant polyethylene rope for sun safety and to be hung safely
- The seat has wide leg holes to fit babies and toddlers up to 50 pounds
Where We Think This Cute-Themed Toddler Swing Could Be Improved
- Unlike a proper swing for toddlers, this swing for babies has a weight and age limit that could not accommodate some children who are taller and bigger in their toddler stage than others.
[BONUS] DIY Tree Swing
Have the tools and know-how (as well as energy and enthusiasm)… Check out this cheap and simple homemade option from TomahawkDIY!
So what do you think? Have any toddler swing sets you want to recommend? Let us know your picks in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Toddler Swings
Do you have some questions about the best toddler swings? I’d love to help you out! Here are some of the most frequently asked questions I get about toddler swings.
What is the age range of the toddler swing?
Depending on the swing type and the recommended age range for the specific swing, babies as young as six months can be pushed on a baby swing.
Age and weight influence the life span of the swing. The longer the age range, the longer your child will use the swing. Some toddler swings are limited to babies or kids up to 2 years; others, like the 2-in-1 and 3-in-1 swings, support kids from toddler to teenager. Most swings have a limited weight capacity. Parents should consider their child’s age and weight before purchasing. Some kids are taller or shorter and weigh more or less than the average child of that age.
How much space does the toddler swing need for setup?
A toddler swing with a frame needs more space than a rope swing hanging from a tree. If you’re planning on hanging the swing indoors, there is usually less space available than outside. Consider the setup space required and the swinging space. There must be enough space in front and behind the swing for the child to swing without bumping into something. Also, check if the product package includes the necessary hardware and whether you need to purchase it separately.
How do I know if the toddler swing is safe?
Manufacturers generally stipulate the safety standards the toy adheres to, for example, the CPSC and ASTM safety standards. They also mention if the material the swing is made of is non-toxic, non-irritant, and safe for kids. Check if small parts could be a choking hazard for babies.
It’s important to notice how the swing supports the toddler. Is there a backrest that also supports the infant’s neck? Are they strapped in, and is there some wiggling room? Can they slip out of the swing seat or fall out when swinging? How practical are the grip handles and space for legs to go through?
The swing may be safe, but if it isn’t installed correctly, it could tip over, and the child may fall out. Therefore, always follow the installation instructions when setting up the swing.
What type of toddler swings are there?
Your toddler’s needs will likely determine what type of swing you will buy, and they may be too young for traditional swings.
- Hammock swings or Pod swings are made from fabric, and it has a gentle rocking motion. Toddlers can sit or lie down in the swing.
- Nursery seat toddler swings look like a type of high chair and are designed for comfort and safety.
- Bucket swings vary from high back seats for extra support to regular bucket seats. These toddler swings have four leg openings so the child can face any direction.
- Saucer swings are large discs hanging from ropes. The seat has lots of space to sit or lie down, but there aren’t any restraints, so make sure your toddler is ready for this swing.
- Sling swings are the traditional plastic swing without restraints for young and older kids. Toddlers who don’t require restraints will enjoy this type of swing.
- Tree swings are any swing that hangs from a tree, perfect for the treehouse.
- Tire swings usually have the most swinging space if hung from a tree. Toddlers must be able to hold on without a harness to play on a tire swing.
Can all toddler swings hang indoors?
Outdoor toddler swings are made from durable material and specific hardware to mount outdoors, whether on a tree branch in the backyard or attached to the daycare playground swing set. Some of these swings can be used indoors. Indoor toddler swings usually have a frame so that you don’t hang them from the ceiling or are narrow and smaller to fit over a doorway.
I hope the reviews and these answers help you choose the best toddler swing for your child and their needs!