Shopping for that special fourth grader in your life is serious business. They no longer are happy with just any toy like they were when they were toddlers. They have matured quite a bit since then and have their own personalities and tastes. Your ten-year-old girl is one discerning consumer. Don’t sweat it though – we’ve pulled together the top toys for these elementary-aged kids this Christmas season.
While shopping for your young lady can be intimidating, don’t be fearful. We’ve put in over 18 hours researching, testing and reviewing gifts for 10 year old girl. Odd are, you’ll find something right for your special girl on our list! If you are in a hurry – we first give you our top five gifts. If you want more information on all 20, scroll down farther – it’s all there.
We also tried to pick gifts that will last and have some replay value – so your child can get some use from your present and remember you in the years to come. The world doesn’t need your gift to end up sitting on shelf collecting dust or worse in a garbage pit by next summer.
Finally, in acknowledgement that no one gift is “the best” for all kids, we’ve selected a wide variety of toys that should appeal to kids with different interests Our headings should give you a good idea what type of girl would love each toy. Hopefully you find something to match the child you are shopping for.
Short on Time? Our Top 5 Picks For Toys For Ten Year Old Girls
Nurture a curiosity for science by conducting real hands-on experiments with visually appealing tools and easy-to-follow, beginner science activities
- Perfect gift for kids that love to paint, draw, or show other artistic traits.
- Projects can be completed in a weekend so they don’t have to dominate your house.
- This crate introduces unique crafting materials and interesting techniques.
- Non-traditional gift can be perfect for kids that crave their uniqueness.
- Not all kids will be interested in these projects – you’ll know if it’s right for your girl.
- Crates are given out randomly so there’s no guarantee which project you’ll get next month. Can be good or bad.
The Doodle Crate makes our best toy and gift list for 10 year olds because it’s different than the average gift. It’s not for every young adult, but those with an artistic bent will really appreciate your thoughtfulness once they receive it.
Every month, a “crate” is mailed to your child. Inside are numerous projects based around the theme of the month. It’s not just painting or drawing – projects require working in different materials including wood, clay, and resins. Different styles of artistic expression are explored each month. There are also written and video resources provided to allow inclined kids to explore the subject more thoroughly.
Not every 10 year old girl will love this gift – but it’s the perfect gift for the kid that’s shown an interest in art in the past. I know in my family, my youngest son had a blast working on his project. I’m confident your creative kid will enjoy the Doodle Crate as well.
- The Dobson style means it is much smaller and portable than refractor telescopes.
- This is a serious scope – it will last for many years with proper care.
- Can add additional lenses to see even more universal detail.
- While a younger child could use this, this isn’t meant to be abused. Keep close supervision on younger brothers and sisters.
- No real instructions provided in the box, but plenty available online.
Ever used a telescope and thought “Big Deal”? That’s usually because the images you see aren’t coming in very bright.
When your child has outgrown a more toy-like telescope and is ready to step up to an adult-level, quality tool, the Orion 10014 Skyquest XT is a perfect fit. Due to the much larger aperture, this telescope producers images over 260% brighter than your run-of-the-mill starter telescopes. That means they will be able to see hundreds of more objects from the night sky.
The Dobsonian style means it’s more compact, so it’s easier to transport. Just be careful when moving it. It’s not a toy – it’s not meant to take too much abuse. Try this telescope out, and view the moon – or Venus – and see if you still think “Big Whoop”!
- Made in the USA of BPA-free, recycled milk jugs.
- Easy to clean – it’s dishwasher safe so cleanup is a breeze!
- Your 10 year old girl will build both fine and gross motor skills playing with this set.
- Great for tub play as well.
- Built to last for years of play.
- You pay extra for the Earth-friendly construction.
If your young ::age:: girl is looking for a toy tea set to go along with tea time, the Green Toys Tea Set is a great choice. she can play while being nice to the environment at the same time. You see, these tea cups, pots, plates, creamer and sugar bowl are all made of food-grade recycled materials. This is awesome because it means you can actually drink from the set without worrying about hot water melting plastic or leeching and undesirable chemicals.
This tea set is wonderful. The toy items are sturdy while still being small enough for little hand’s to easily handle. It is safe to eat and drink from, washes easily, and quite resistant to scratches and blemishes. Some people aren’t aware that toy manufacturers now have to put little holes to prevent suffocation in any toy a young girl might jam in their mouth. The sugar bowl is the one in this set with the holes – so if you pour a powder in the bowl, it won’t stay there!
These cups are kid-sized, not doll-sized – so they’ll be able to drink more than a sip when playing make-believe. It’s one of the best tea sets out there for kids!
- Included experiments are age-appropriate and fun for the family to work together.
- Great for bathtub and sandbox play when younger, but grows into science experiments as your child ages.
- High replay value since equipment can be used to do other experiments available for free on the internet.
- While most are common household items, you need to provide the ingredients for the experiments.
Encourage interest in science and experimental learning with this award-winning lab set. The Learning Resources Primary Science Lab set comes with a ton of kid-friendly science tools. All 12 pieces are correctly sized for 10 year old children to be able to handle.
Younger girls might just use the toy to play make-believe unless you or another adult take them step by step through the instructions. On the other hand, older children can use the included experiment cards to learn more about the physical world around them. Once you’ve gone through all the included experiments, you are free to use the equipment to tackle other experiments about the world around you.
- Jumping helps your 10 year old girl develop muscles and balance while burning off energy.
- Tramp comes with a long list of safety features to make jumping as safe as it can be.
- Your kid’s friends will always be over at your place when you are the ‘trampoline house’.
- Parents need to supervise play – there are dangers involved if instructions aren’t followed.
- This isn’t a small toy. You need to have dedicated space in your backyard to set up and jump.
As we mentioned in our outdoor trampolines review, we think this toy is a winner. Safety is a prime concern in the design of this model. It’s so important, Skywalker has made sure this model exceeds all American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) requirements.
We like the ‘W’ supports – they give more stability to the trampoline. The padded poles and enclosure net are well-made and help to keep your 10 year old is safe. The basketball hoop is a nice touch – it has a breakaway rim and even comes with 2 basketballs. It’ll keep your children and friends entertained for hours at a time. A great gift.
- Active noise cancellation makes them great for car or air travel.
- Long battery life means they can be used all-day.
- Fold-able for easy storage
- Also comes with a 3.5mm cord for wired use.
- While better for noise reduction, ear-cup design can make some ears uncomfortable.
- Plastic headband designs are nearly always weaker than metal ones. These won’t be indestructible.
Everyone likes to listen to their music, videos and games with a good set of headphones. These active noise-cancelling headphones are a good deal for the price. You get dual microphone cancellation technology, along with the option of either using a Bluetooth or wired connection to your device. That’s nice because kids (and adults) will forget to charge these headphones on occasion, but you’ll still be able to use them.
These aren’t going to compete with $400 headphones – but at well under $100 you’ll have trouble finding anything better. The plastic headband is well made, but might eventually break if you have a large head. A nice hard case will help ensure your girl doesn’t accidentally break the headphones by stepping on them.
I like the noise-canceling feature because it’s really handy when trying to study or traveling by plane – and with how well constructed these headphones are your child will likely end up having a chance to do both while owning them. They also function as a headset for talking on the phone as well.
- Quick enough to be fun, but not as fast as some bigger models.
- Soon will become a child favorite for expressing growing independence
- Will last for years with proper maintenance.
- Easy to transport – handlebars detach easily with a tool.
- The handbrake by itself can be inadequate – so teach your child to steer out of harms way along with braking.
- Your child needs to be mature enough to understand the road laws in your area to use this toy.
Electric scooters for kids are a fast and simple way to get around. The Razor E100 Electric Scooter is a nice tradeoff of speed and handling for a 10 year old rider. You’ll get a scooter, battery and battery charger all included in the box. Assembly is minimal – just charge up the scooter overnight and go.
Since this scooter can go as fast as 10 mph, it’s a good idea to find a protected area for your girl to practice. It’s not quite like riding a bike – it will take a little while to master. Check your local laws to see if it’s legal to ride on the street near the curb or on the sidewalk. Different towns have different rules – and unless you want to give your kid an introduction to the legal system at this age, it’s better to find out ahead of time!
The build is solid. Younger and smaller riders will be able to easily fit both feet side-by-side on the base. Length or riding time will depend on how many hills you ride, how much your child weighs, and how hard they ride – but 30 – 50 mins seems to be about average before needing a charge.
- Both camera lenses have an 8-megapixel photo resolution to take high-quality photos.
- The camera is designed for kids and is easy to operate.
- The screen is 2.3 inches, which is larger than most camera screens for kids.
- SD memory card isn’t included in the purchase.
The Joytrip Kids Digital Camera is a dual-lens camera with 8 Megapixels and a camcorder with FHD 1080P video resolution that’s perfect for little 10 year old girl hands! With a 2.3 inches screen, budding photographers can show off their photography skills. The automatic face tracking feature recognizes faces to capture the best smiley moments.
Replaying the videos or look at the funny photos created with the 21 frames creates hours of fun. The 1000mAh lithium rechargeable battery won’t cut the fun-time short because it lasts for 4-6 hours. Recharging takes 4-5 hours.
Hanging the camera around the child’s neck with the lanyard will help keep the camera from falling. If it does fall, don’t sweat it too much. The camera is made of soft silicone material that is safe against a child’s skin and is also shockproof should the camera fall.
The USB charger and a micro SD card reader are included in the package but not the SD card. The camera supports up to a 32 GB card.
- Worry-free guarantee means you don’t need to worry about giving your 10 year old a mini-computer that she likely will end up finding a way to break.
- Great for trips, plane rides, or other times a child needs to entertain themselves without being able to move around.
- Included subscription includes a wide variety of children’s books to read – it’s not all fun and games!
- If you haven’t already bought into the Amazon “Co-Prosperity Sphere” of content, you’ll need to – it’s not worth much without the content Amazon provides.
- Amazon parental controls take a little time to learn how to use effectively.
Want to get your 10 year old a tablet, but afraid of quickly they might break it? The Fire 7 Kids Edition is a great tablet for you.
You get a powerful 7-inch tablet in a kid-proof stand – made for little girls hands to be able to grasp easily. The included year of Amazon Free Time provides access to age-appropriate apps, games, books and content from names you know, like PBS Kids, Disney and Nickelodeon. Parental controls leave you in charge of what your 10 year old watches.
And since kids will be kids…if she ends up breaking this Kindle during the first two years by dropping, stomping, spilling, throwing or the multitude of other ways kids break toys, you can simply return it to Amazon to get a replacement. That’s the worry-free guarantee.
These devices come with 16GB of internal storage, but you’ll likely want to invest in an SD card to give you some more space to save content for your child. Prices on flash memory have dropped so much you’ll be amazed how much storage you’ll be able to get for cheap.
- The included cloak is an EXACT replica of the movie prop on display in the official Warner Bros studio tour in London.
- It’s going to be THE GIFT for Harry Potter fans in 2021.
- The cloak, standalone, is of nice construction. The added invisibility effect is a nice addition!
- Phone must be still in the tripod to get the “invisible” effect to work.
- Deluxe version is nice and completely true to the movie, but can be a bit pricey. The standard version doesn’t include the tripod either.
What kid hasn’t at some point wanted to be invisible? I know I thought the Invisibility Cloak from the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone would have awesome to own. And now you can!
This 2020 Toy of the Year finalist is an exciting augmented reality toy. This official Warner Bros. Invisibility cloak costume perfectly replicates the cloak from the Harry Potter series’ magical properties.
How does it work? It works with an associated phone app – so you can save – and share – your invisible scenes. It’s easy to save stills or videos to your devices’ camera roll for later viewing fun. If you or your children haven’t played with a “green screen” before, you are in for a treat.
In addition to the A-R aspect of this gift, it’s also a great Harry Potter toy and collector item on it’s own. If your 10 year old girl is into Harry Potter dress up or Cosplay, she’ll appreciate this gift!
- Great toy to inspire imaginatively and role-playing for girls.
- Big enough for 10 year old children to play with but stores easily.
- Perfect for playdates – many kids can comfortably play together at once.
- Solid construction means this should outlast your child’s interest in it.
- You will need to assemble this toy. Be prepared with a power drill to save yourself time and anguish.
- You might notice the lack of counter space – your child probably could care less!
Most 10 year olds are fascinated by the kitchen, and how it’s the realm of “big people”. Now you can get your child their own pretend kitchen to work and play in!
This play-set comes with everything a young girl needs to play house. There’s a playset, along with cookware, dishes and a recycle bin. You’ll find 20 pieces when you buy this toy.
While role-play is very important to preschool children, you’ll also help develop their relationship skills since this kitchen is great for inviting friends to play.
- Great functionality in a small package.
- 10 year old girls will love playing the role of director with the built-in cameras.
- A lot cheaper than a Fitbit or Apple Watch!
- Heavy video usage can drain the battery in less than a day – not great if you rely on it primarily for a watch.
- Colorful design might seem childish to tween-aged children.
This smartwatch is really a mini-smartphone – without internet access or GPS. Why do I say that? It has 2 cameras, a microphone, games built-in, and can function as a pedometer. That’s a lot of features in a little package!
Parents and kids can download the pictures and videos to a PC where they can be kept or viewed by all. It’s very intuitive to use – and while not waterproof it is “splash proof” so the occasional spill or drop should brick the watch. It’s a great toy if you think your child feels left out not having a “smart” device.
- The cards are really creative – from Super Fertile Unicorn to Fat Unicron, you never know what you’ll get.
- There’s enough strategy in this game – but not too much – that’s a great introduction to more detailed strategy card games.
- Only takes 3-4 rounds before you completely understand how the game works.
- High replay value – and can pick up and finish a game in under an hour.
- This game is the opposite of a cooperative game – if you don’t like having loved ones sabotaging your plans, this isn’t the game for you.
- Best played with 4 or more players.
Unstable Unicorns is still one fo the Top 50 most backed projects on Kickstarter, and for good reason. This card game is quick to learn and play, but it’s not easy to master. You are trying to build your Unicorn army to full-strength – but so is everyone else at the table. Note: these unicorns aren’t warm and fuzzy – think Pegasus not My Little Pony.
Skill is important, but there is a lot of unpredictability due to the draw of the card deck which means anyone has a chance to win a particular game. Detailed instructions are available online – they are better than the ones in the box and will get you up and playing in no time.
Codey Rocky is a GREAT toy for learning how to code. 10 year old programmers can use the associated app to get up and running quickly. There’s plenty to do with this robot without moving on from just app-based play. Your inquisitive girl can move and play with the robot really quickly in this mode.
Once the Codey Rocky is attached to your PC you can use an easy-to-learn block-based language to program the robot. If this is too limiting, you can also use the popular programming language python to expand your choice enormously. This should give your 10 year old years of play as your child moves up the programming skill curve.
- Easy to control and get into the air – but still helps to build patience.
- Flight control builds hand-eye coordination to keep the kite soaring in the air.
- You need to get outside to use this toy – and 10 year old girl will!
- You’ll need to help younger children with assembly.
- You need some space and decent weather to play with this toy.
Good kites are under-rated toys. There’s something hard-wired in most girls that makes she want to fly a kite on a warm, sunny day. This kite makes that easy enough for 10 year olds.
The design makes it surprisingly easy to get – and stay -airborne. It won’t entertain your children for multiple hours at a time, but they will continue to come back to this toy as they grow through the years. The colorful pattern will bring a smile to both you and your child’s face.
- Learn about the world through fun projects every month
- Gift will continue to be appreciated month-0after-month as new crates arrive.
- It’s great for girls to show creativity and appreciation for the world they live in.
- At this age, most of the projects can be completed with very little parental help. This builds self-confidence.
- Not every child is into exploring other cultures. If your kid is in this category, this toy isn’t for them.
The Atlas Crate by Kiwico is perfect for 10 year old girls that love traveling and learning more about the world. This package isn’t one toy – instead, you buy a one-time subscription and “crates” are delivered throughout the year. The Atlas Crate is different than most subscription crates – focused more on different places and cultures around the world.
As the crates come month after month and more projects are completed, your child will build their own adventure book. My child really loved building his own globe in one project. If your kid is interested in the people in the world and the places they come from, this gift will be appreciated.
- Carrying case does a great job organizing all the parts.
- Up to 4 kids can make bracelets at the same time.
- These will become cherished memories for your daughter.
- Videos are easier to understand than the printed manual – search online.
- Takes some kids awhile to get the hang of making the bracelets.
Every girl likes to make friendship bracelets for their BFF. This well-designed kit will make that easier than ever.
Inside the ALEX DIY Friends Forever kit, you’ll find a friendship wheel (used to pattern out designs), color-coded looms, 20+ colors of string and a large array of beads to choose from. Instructions are provided for the beginning beader. It’s built to last, so your school-aged girl will get many hours of enjoyment from this throughout the years.
Our Process For Selecting The Best Toys And Gifts For 10 year old girls
We spend weeks writing all of our toy review and gift guides. We know you rely on our input, and we take that trust very seriously. Our writers and editors have spent approximately 18 hours researching and testing the most popular toys for 10 year old girls that you can find for sale in stores in May 2021.
All of this time and resources are spent to bring this toy guide to you – we’ve put in the time to make sure our recommendations are ones you can trust.
We also update these lists daily. That’s because we don’t want to provide you with toys that are no longer in-stock – a gift you can’t buy isn’t worth much to you, no matter how hot it might be. We have reviewed many more toys than we list in this guide – and many of them are good but not quite as great as the ones that made the cut.
As toys move in and out of stock, the list will change. We want this list to help you get the best toys you can for your 10 year old this Holiday season.
Frequently Asked Questions About Gifts for Ten-Year-Old Girls
How do I find the best gift for ten-year-old girls?
You can start with our list of toys in our gift guide. We’ve selected a variety of toys considering the various interests and hobbies of ten-year-olds. Our headings may guide you if it is the type of gift your daughter may like.
The best gifts for 10-year-old girls are the ones they want. By listening to your daughter, you’ll quickly discover what the top gifts she desires are. By watching her, you’ll soon see what she is interested in. If it is close to her birthday or Christmas, she will tell you what she wants; it’s the gifts she talks about the most.
How do I encourage my daughter to play outside more?
One of the easiest ways to get her outside is to give her an outdoors gift she can’t resist. It may be a new bike, a scooter, a tent, or a trampoline. Outdoor gifts that encourage physical activity are healthy and may help her strengthen her physical and athletic abilities.
If she’ is keen on gymnastics, for example, a trampoline could be the best gift for her. Even if she isn’t a budding gymnast, having fun with her friends on the trampoline may help her socially. Most ten-year-old girls and boys enjoy the company of friends and group activities. Giving her a gift designed for outdoors is one way of luring her outside, especially if it involves her friends.
Should I get rid of all my ten-year-old daughter’s older toys?
It’s always a good idea to clean out and make room for new gifts. Toys she isn’t playing with anymore takes up space and clutters her room, making it more challenging to keep tidy.
If your daughter has outgrown some of her toys, then keep it for a younger sibling, or donate the toys to a charity or sell it and buy a more age-appropriate gift for her.
Before you clean out the cupboard, ask your ten-year-old daughter to help you. She will quickly indicate which toys she isn’t interested in and which gifts she would like to keep. She may not be interested in playing with Barbie or other dolls, but if she is into fashion, don’t throw them out. She may enjoy dressing them up in the latest style and even make clothes and accessories for them.
What about the picture books?
Books are always an excellent gift for a child; everybody likes a story. Your ten-year-old girl is ready for more mature stories. If she still enjoys listening to you reading to her, then more age-appropriate books may stimulate her interest. She may enjoy reading by herself. Then a book in her favorite genre may be a great Christmas gift for her.
She won’t need the picture books anymore, but siblings and cousins that are younger may. Your ten-year-old daughter may even enjoy reading the picture books to the younger siblings. Then keep the picture books for them to enjoy together.
Another way to clear out the bookshelf and make way for new age-appropriate books is to give the books to a charity.
If I’m cleaning out the books and toys, what about her bedroom? Does a ten-year-old need new décor?
While you’re sorting out the cupboards and bookshelves, you might as well have a look at the bedroom décor. In the same manner that your ten-year-old daughter has outgrown some toys and picture books, she may feel the same about some of the décor and bedding.
If some items are too babyish for her, then one of the best gifts could be redecorating her room. Now is the time for mermaids, unicorns, purples, and pinks. If you don’t want to redo the whole bedroom, why not change pictures, decorations, or the bedding and include it as a Christmas gift or birthday celebration.