Trivia questions for kids is a fun activity for the entire family. It keeps kids occupied on road trips, holidays, and on cold, winter days, especially if it is fun quiz questions that are entertaining too.
Quizzes for kids are interactive ways to test kids’ knowledge in the classroom in an engaging manner. Even the shy students may be challenged to a friendly competition to show their knowledge and understanding of a topic.
Here is a list of questions, some are simple trivia questions, others are hard trivia questions. Use these trivia questions and create a quiz for kids to play during a lesson.
217 Fresh Trivia Questions And Answers For Students and Children
Goofy Trivia Questions and Answers
- What is in the middle of Germany?
Answer: M! (‘Ger’, ‘m’, ‘any’)
- What’s the big difference between a fly and a bird?
Answer: A bird can fly, but a fly can’t bird!
- If a baby has a donkey for a mom and a zebra for a dad, what is it called?
Answer: The cross between a donkey and a zebra is known as a zonkey. It’s also known as a zebonkey, zebrula, zebrass or zebonk.
- What is the biggest baby in the world?
Answer: A baby blue whale
- Why do some football players never sweat?
Answer: Because they have big fans!
- If a plane crashes on the border between Canada and Alaska, where are they survivors buried?
Answer: You don’t bury survivors.
- What goes all over the world and always stays in a corner?
Answer: A stamp
- What falls but never breaks and wat breaks but never falls?
Answer: Night falls and day breaks
- What gets smaller every time it takes a bath or a shower?
- What has a bark but isn’t a dog?
Answer: A tree has a bark as the outer protective layer
- What insect wears its skeleton on the outside?
Answer: The outside part of a beetle’s is the skeleton
- What do you say to “see you later alligator?”
Answer: In a while crocodile
- You have one match and you’re in a dark room with a gas lamp, a candle and a wood stove? What do you light first?
Answer: the match!
- What has a tail and a head but no body?
Answer: A coin
- What do you brush your teeth with, sleep on, and sit on?
Answer: A toothbrush, a bed, and a chair
- What is a group of unicorns called?
Answer: A blessing
- Can you lick your elbow?
Answer: No, it is physically impossible. Maybe extremely flexible people with very short arms can.
- What do honeybees collect?
Answer: Not honey. They collect nectar and pollen
- What color is blueberry jam?
- What kind of animal is a horned toad?
Answer: A lizard
- What is a doe?
Answer: A female deer
- Do moles have an extra thumb to help them dig?
- If you could walk to the moon at 3 mph, how long would it take? 9 months, 9 years or 99 years?
Answer: About 9 years
- Some people believe your toothache will go away if you kiss this animal. Which animal is it?
- Which animal can rotate their eyes in the opposite direction?
- You can’t grow corn in which continent?
- What animal can tell you five days before there is going to be an earthquake?
- Why aren’t bananas straight but curved to one side?
Answer: They grow towards the sun and against gravity
- Which animal has four pairs of arms?
- Which fish doesn’t have a brain or a heart?
- Why is a circle so clever?
Answer: It has 360 degrees
- What two parts of the body grows for the rest of your life?
Answer: Ears and Nose
Science Trivia Questions and Answers
- What is the rarest blood type in humans?
Answer: AB negative
- What is the largest primate in the world?
- On which continent do giraffes live?
- How many legs do butterflies have 4, 6, or 8 legs?
- How many planets are there in the solar system?
- How many teeth do adults have?
- What is the hottest and brightest star?
- Which two elements are in water?
Answer: Oxygen and Hydrogen
- What force keeps our feet on the ground?
- How many bones does a newborn baby have?
- What is the chemical symbol of potassium?
- How many lungs does a person have?
- What animal is the fastest on land?
- Which planet is closest to the sun?
- What is a giant panda’s favorite food?
- How many hearts do humans have and how many does an octopus have?
Answer Humans have 1 heart, but an octopus has 3
- Which isn’t in a nucleus—proton, neutron, or electron?
- What is the smallest bone in a human body?
Answer: Stapes, it’s part of the middle ear
- What element is a diamond made of?
- What is the study of blood called?
- Is the femur the longest or shortest bone in the body?
- Where is the largest mountain in the solar system found?
Answer: Mars, the Olympus Mons
- What kind of animal is a Hammerhead?
- Which island country is situated south of the southern tip of India?
Answer: Sri Lanka
- Where do you find a cricket’s ears?
Answer: On its legs
- What part of their body do kangaroos use to keep their balance?
- Why is Earth called the blue planet?
Answer: Because 70% of the earth consists of water
- What are the three layers of the earth?
Answer: Core, mantle, crust
- How many moons do Jupiter have?
Answer: 69 moons
- What are the five most important organs in a human body?
Answer: Brain, heart, lungs, kidneys, and liver
- Which ocean is situated between Europe and North America?
- Which colors when mixed makes orange?
Answer: red and yellow
History—Focused Trivia Questions and Answers
- In which country are the ancient pyramids found?
- What is the president Donald J. Trump’s middle name?
- On which island in which city is the Statue of Liberty located?
Answer: New York City on Liberty Island
- What is the name of the smallest country in the world?
Answer: The Vatican surrounded by Rome, Italy
- What president wasn’t born in the United States?
Answer: None. All presidents must be natural-born citizens of the United States.
- What is the largest and what is the smallest ocean in the world?
Answer: Pacific is the largest and Arctic the smallest.
- What is the capital city of China?
- What color(s) was Ford’s first Model T automobile available?
- Which four American presidents were assassinated?
Answer: Mr. Abraham Lincoln, Mr. James A. Garfield, Mr. William McKinley, and Mr. John F. Kennedy
- On how many hills were the city of Rome built?
- Which year was the first iPad released?
- How many hours does Jupiter take to complete a rotation?
Answer: 10 hours
- How many stars in the American flag?
- Who gave America the Statue of Liberty and when?
Answer: France in 1886
- Who founded Facebook?
Answer: Mike Zuckerberg
- Which city was divided by a wall with communism to the east and capitalism to the west?
- Which buildings were hit with the tragedy on September 11, 2001?
Answer: World Trade Center
Sports Trivia Questions and Answers
- How many inches is the diameter of a basketball hoop?
Answer: 18 inches
- Which indoor sport is the most popular in America?
- Golf was first played in which country?
- How many holes on a golf course?
- Which country has the most Formula One World Championship winning drivers?
Answer: The United Kingdom with 10 winners
- Do you spike and block in fencing or volleyball?
Answer: Volleyball techniques
- Who is hosting the 2020 Olympic Games?
Answer: Tokyo, Japan
- How many balls allowed in one over in cricket?
- How many players in a baseball team?
- The first World Cup for Soccer was held in which country in 1930?
- What kind of dinosaur features on Toronto based NBA basketball team?
Answer: Raptor (Velociraptor)
- Which famous NFL quarterback won the most Super Bowl titles?
Answer: Tom Brady
- Which is the only American Football team to go a whole season undefeated and win the Super Bowl?
Answer: 1972 Miami Dolphins
Fun Trivia Questions – And Answers
- What date is New Year’s Eve celebrated?
Answer: December 31
- How many hours in 5 days?
Answer: 120 hours
- How many hours does a Monday have?
Answer: 24 hours like any other day
- Does the name dinosaur mean terrible lizard? True or False?
- How many horns did the Triceratops have?
- Which beans did Mexicans use as money to pay for goods and services?
Answer: Cocoa beans
- Which is the largest land animal in the world?
Answer: African elephant is the largest land animal
- True or false? Cats sleep for 13-14 hours a day.
- What do you call a rabbit’s house?
Answer: Rabbits make tunnels to live which is called warrens.
- Where in the world does half of the rabbit population live?
Answer: North America
- How long is the recorded size of the largest crocodile in the world?
Answer: 20.24 feet and weighs 2000 pounds
- How old can a crocodile become?
- Why do crocodiles form tears?
Answer: It’s not because they are crying. It’s to clean their eyes.
- What kind of dogs can’t swim?
Answer: Basset hounds
- What two animals are closely related to a zebra?
Answer: Horse and donkey
- How many taste buds does your tongue have?
- How many Earths can fit inside the sun?
Answer: 1.3 million
Movie-Related Trivia Questions—With Answers
- What movie features Woody, the toy cowboy?
Answer: Toy Story
- What famous movie franchise is known for, “May the force be with you?”
Answer: Star Wars
- What kind of fish is Nemo?
- What color is Micky Mouses’ shorts?
- Which famous TV show featured house Stark and Targaryen?
Answer: Game of Thrones
- Which cartoon character lives under the sea in a pineapple?
Answer: Spongebob Squarepants
- What song did Queen Elsa sing in Frozen while building her ice castle?
Answer: Let It Go
- How many Lord of the Rings moves are there?
- What is the name of the red car in the movie Cars?
Answer: Lightning McQueen
- What is the Little Mermaid’s name?
- Who lived at 221B Baker Street, London?
Answer: Sherlock Holmes
Music Trivia Questions and Answers
- Which singing voice is the highest pitch a baritone, soprano, or tenor?
- Who won the first American Idol competition in 2002?
Answer: Kelly Clarkson
- Whose 2013 world tour was called “The Mrs. Carter Show?”
- Which famous male artist released the song “Mercy” in 2016?
Answer: Shawn Mendez
- Which album was released in February 2019 by Ariana Grande?
Answer: Thank U, Next
- What nationality is Shawn Mendes?
- What color is Zayn’s eyes of One Direction?
- Who were the original members of One Direction?
Answer: Harry, Liam, Niall, and Zayn
- Which Swedish singer features on Clean Bandit’s 2017 hit song “Symphony?”
Answer: Zara Larson
- Which female artist released the song “Issues” in 2017?
Answer: Julia Michaels
- Which American hip hop artist features on French Montana’s song “Unforgettable?”
Answer: Swae Lee
- What group was Justin Timberlake part of?
- What is the name rapper Sean Combs is known as?
Answer: P. Diddy
- Which music genre did Taylor Swift start in?
Biblical Trivia Questions and Answers
- How many books in the Old Testament?
- What did the soldiers place on Jesus’ head at His crucifixion?
Answer: Crown of thorns
- Who was thrown in the den of lions?
- What job did David have before Samuel anointed him as a king?
- From which country did the Israelites leave after being slaves for hundreds of years?
- Where was baby Jesus born?
- Who was the first Christian martyr?
- Which betrayed Jesus and who denied Jesus three times?
Answer: Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus and Peter denied Him.
- From which part of Adam’s body was Eve made?
- What did John the Baptist eat in the desert?
Answer: Honey and locusts
- On which island was Apostle Paul shipwrecked?
- Who was the first king in the Bible?
Answer: King Saul
- What did Mary Magdalene use to dry Jesus’ feet with after she washed them?
Answer: Her hair
- What did Jesus use to feed the five thousand?
Answer: Five loaves and two fish
- Who built an ark and the animals came and entered the ark?
Easy Trivia Questions for Kids – With Answers
- How many days in a leap year?
Answer: 366 days
- How many continents are there globally?
- What is the capital of the United States?
Answer: Washington D.C.
- Who was president before President Donald Trump?
Answer: Mr. Barack Obama
- What is the name of the smallest continent?
- If you count the dots on a die, how many are there?
- How many rings does the symbol of the Olympic Games consist of?
- What do you call a baby frog?
- What color are the stars on the American flag?
- Where does the president of America live while in office?
Answer: The White House
- How many sides does a triangle have?
- What colors are in the rainbow?
Answer: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet
- Which currency does Germany use?
- What is the largest ocean in the world?
- How many states in the United States?
- What are the five human senses?
Answer: taste, smell, hear, see, touch
- How many years in a century?
- Name two countries that start with a Z.
Answer: Zambia and Zimbabwe
- What do herbivores eat?
Answer: Animals that only eat plants
- How many vowels in the English alphabet?
Answer: 5: a, e, i, o, u
Hard Trivia Questions Including Answers
- What do you call someone who studies rocks?
- What is a MVP in sports?
Answer: Most Valuable Player
- What is the smallest state in America?
Answer: Rhode Island
- What is the hardest natural substance?
- Which is taller, the Statue of Liberty or the Eiffel Tower?
Answer: Eifel tower is 1062 feet tall and the Statue of Liberty is 305 feet
- What is another name for Vitamin C?
Answer: Ascorbic Acid
- What is a stellar wind and where will you find it?
Answer: Stellar winds is a flow of gas from a star
- How much of your body is water? 20%, 40% or 60%
Answer: About 60%
- Do the Canary Islands get their name from dogs, birds, lizards, or fish?
- What type of crystal does a digital watch use? Quartz, pyrite or titanite?
- Why is the brown recluse spider also known as the violin spider?
Answer: it has a violin-shaped mark on its head
- What is the distance from the center of a circle to any point on the circle called? Radius, diameter or circumference?
- If you are panivorous, what do most of your diet consist of?
- What is the second most common language spoken in the world?
- How much of Antarctica is ice?
- How many steps count in the Eiffel Tower?
- Name seven countries that start with a U.
Answer: United States, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, and Uzbekistan
- Is the sun a star or a planet?
- What are the three brightest objects in the sky?
Answer: Sun, Moon, Venus
- Butterflies can only see three colors. Which colors can they see?
Answer: Red, green, and yellow
- Which bones are babies born without?
- Who founded Microsoft?
Answer: Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1975 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
- What is another name for a lexicon?
Trivia for Middle Schoolers—With Answers
- Who was the first American president?
Answer: George Washington
- What is the last letter at the bottom right of a keyboard?
- What country has a maple leaf on their national flag?
- In which state is the Grand Canyon?
- What is the largest desert in the world and on what continent?
Answer: The Sahara Desert in Africa
- Which city’s nickname is “Windy City” and which one is “Sin City?”
Answer: Chicago and Las Vegas
- What is the largest rainforest in the world?
Answer: Amazon Rain Forest
- Is the Pacific Ocean on the west, east, south or north side of America?
- What animal moves the slowest in the world? A snail or a sloth?
- What is the largest bird in the world?
- What does the word “honu” mean in Hawaiian and what does it represent?
Answer: It means sea turtles and represents long life
- What do you call a baby owl?
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Microsoft Edge are different types of what?
Answer: Web browser
- What was Twitter’s original name?
- Which country produces the most coffee in the world?
- What do you call deer meat?
- Which country is associated with pasta and pizza?
- What is your body’s largest organ?
- Which two countries share the longest international border in the word?
Answer: USA and Canada
- What is the longest river in the world?
Answer: Nile River
- Which two planet names start with M?
Answer: Mercury and Mars
- What tree do acorns come from?
- Which month is between June and August?